Are there any 3 year Au.D programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureEarDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a student who got sidetracked and finished her bachelor's degree at the ripe old age of 26. I want to finish my Au.D as fast as possible. Three years instead of four sounds difficult but worth it. I have tried to google three year Au.D programs but with no luck. Anybody know? I know Syracuse HAD a 3 year program but just recently switched to 4. Darn it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Both Northwestern and Indiana University are 3 year programs

Keep in mind that a three-year program doesn't necessarily mean an extra year of pay. I know Northwestern's third year externship is unpaid, while most (or at least many) schools have a paid fourth year.

Keep in mind that a three-year program doesn't necessarily mean an extra year of pay. I know Northwestern's third year externship is unpaid, while most (or at least many) schools have a paid fourth year.

I haven't looked closely enough at Northwestern, but I am under the impression that generally speaking, pay primarily depends on which externship site you choose. Some may only pay 7 or 10 thousand while others such as the VA pay 35k (approximately). Does Northwestern dictate your placement for the externship? I know that the University of Oklahoma has you go through 4 rotations for your externship so that prevents you from attending a paid one, but I wasn't aware of other programs doing that.