Are there any 3 year Au.D programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureEarDoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a student who got sidetracked and finished her bachelor's degree at the ripe old age of 26. I want to finish my Au.D as fast as possible. Three years instead of four sounds difficult but worth it. I have tried to google three year Au.D programs but with no luck. Anybody know? I know Syracuse HAD a 3 year program but just recently switched to 4. Darn it. Thanks!
 
Keep in mind that a three-year program doesn't necessarily mean an extra year of pay. I know Northwestern's third year externship is unpaid, while most (or at least many) schools have a paid fourth year.
 
Keep in mind that a three-year program doesn't necessarily mean an extra year of pay. I know Northwestern's third year externship is unpaid, while most (or at least many) schools have a paid fourth year.

I haven't looked closely enough at Northwestern, but I am under the impression that generally speaking, pay primarily depends on which externship site you choose. Some may only pay 7 or 10 thousand while others such as the VA pay 35k (approximately). Does Northwestern dictate your placement for the externship? I know that the University of Oklahoma has you go through 4 rotations for your externship so that prevents you from attending a paid one, but I wasn't aware of other programs doing that.