Are there any flight deals out there???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any airline flight deals going on right now?
I am trying to make a multiple destination flight and it's coming up with a ridiculous cost of $2,110.00 ....screw that!
Help please :)

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried using a travel agent? They're oftentimes able to get deals (or maybe it's just that they know about them) that we mortals can't. I find especially for multiple destination flights that they're often the best bet. Didn't I hear somewhere about a Northwest deal?

Try orbitz.com they do cheap multi-destination flights. Much better than expedia. Usually, the websites are basically self-serve travel agents because I have tried to talk to a travel agent and everytime they give me the same price and the exact same flight.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. Some travel advice. Do not try and get a multiple destination flight. They call these "open jaw" flights and it will cost you an arm and a leg. Many times you will be better off buying a bunch of one-way flights. I have only 2 interviews so far and I got cheap deals directly on the airlines' websites. However, my health science advisor game me a little pamphlet called "The Medical School Interview" that has interviewing tips. In the back there is an announcement about airfar and car rental discounts for pre-health profession students traveling to interviews. You get 5% off lowest fares and discounts on zone fares. Here is the Health Professions Travel Desk number 800-944-9923. If anyone tries it, please post if it is useful. Good luck.

If you belong to AMSA (American Medical Student Association) you can get discounts on hotels, airlines and rental cars.
They have a pre-med membership that comes with the magazine "The New Physician" It is great.

Sometimes airline web sites are horrendously expensive, sometimes ok. I got a great deal on an open-jaw between MN, NY, and PA this summer; it can be done! Orbitz, a few other sites, and then a travel agent are definitely your best bets.