Are there any good CARS courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasminric

Reaction score
I took the exam twice, and I did very badly on CARS!!! (I got 120 the first time and 121 the second time). My parents recommended that I take a course on CARS.

What do you guys think? English is not my native language; however, I can read just fine. I have finished JW during my first attempt + AAMC CARS resources. During my second attempt, I redid the AAMC materials and did some UEarth + JW. However, there was no improvement.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
:(
I would not waste my time on a CARS course.
I would get a booklet called The How of Critical Thinking and start asking yourself things like
1) Why why why?
2) HOW?
3) Consider the source
etc.
It is not something that can be taught. I am not trying to insult you, but save you money. :lol:

P.S. The more odd questions you ask (and answer)! the better.

Reactions: 1 user
Write back if this booklet helps and let us know if your score improves! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For years there was a CARS guide by Testing Solutions that helped so many people. It costs less than ten dollars (I think) and the return on your time is amazing. Whoever made it was one of those pure souls who did it just for the good feeling of helping people.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I took the exam twice, and I did very badly on CARS!!! (I got 120 the first time and 121 the second time). My parents recommended that I take a course on CARS.

What do you guys think? English is not my native language; however, I can read just fine. I have finished JW during my first attempt + AAMC CARS resources. During my second attempt, I redid the AAMC materials and did some UEarth + JW. However, there was no improvement.
I would recommend taking a Constitutional Law or Business Law class. You would want classes that require you to read court opinions and extract the key principles in those opinions. Constitutional law classes are generally offered by political science departments and business law classes are always offered by undergraduate business schools. If you really want to get crazy take an undergraduate tax class. If you can comprehend the Internal Revenue Code, CARS should be a snap.