Are there any good post-baccs or SMPs that are still open to for applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatwhy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think I'm ready for a rigorous program like this but not quite ready for med school (GPA). Any ideas if any decent ones are still open? Thanks a lot.
SMPs exist to prove you are ready for med school. If you think you aren't ready for med school classes, I recommend taking more ug courses first.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I do believe I'm ready, but I did kind of crappy senior year and retook some classes I did bad in, but even if I retook every single class it wouldnt do much to raise my GPA since I have a lot of credits, so I'm trying to figure out what to do next.
I'm assuming you did well freshman/sophomore/junior year? How bad is the damage? What is your GPA? To answer your question, it's too late for most reputable programs. You are going to have to go down the list and see if a handful are still accepting applications. Even if a program is accepting applications, it's unlikely you will get in this late in the game. DO NOT apply to some fake "SMP" where you don't take med school classes.