Please help: Accept VCU Post Bacc in Health Sciences or Try to get into GW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PA-dreamer99

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am 100% committed to a career as a PA. I would really appreciate any help on this decision. I was accepted into VCU's post bacc program for career changers (Post Bacc in Health Sciences). While I like this program because of the cost and I can begin my pre-req journey, there are a few things I am hesitant about such as:
  • being grouped in with undergrads
  • limited advising/info about the program
  • no linkages
  • It feels a bit DIY in terms of the classes they offer not being laid out in a schedule (which I can always be autonomous in arranging)
That said... I have been accepted so I have a guaranteed means of getting my pre-reqs

I really want to go to GW, while it is more expensive and hard to get into, I appreciate the small cohort, linkages, and advisors. I also like that they have a clear structure for the courses you'll be taking. I would also use this next year to work as a MA and take the GRE.

My biggest concern is that I deny VCU and may not get into GW next application... and VCU may not admit me next cycle given I rejected them.

Some things about me:

I was a double major in Economics and Cultural Studies with a ~3.9 GPA at my state's flagship school. I would only have 20 shadowing hours when I apply for GW.

TL;DR I really want to go to GW but what if I don't get in and VCU rejects me the following year?