are there any medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Broy Berbez

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any medical schools in the united states that do not require the mCAT(Outside of EAP/bs/md programs)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cause this is the thing - medical career is FULL of tests, board exams, etc. I personally, would advise you to take MCAT to see if you are comfortable with that. I knew a guy who went to a school that didnt require MCAT (a llong time ago), and he barely passed step 1, and with step 2 - he gave up after failing it 5 times.....
 
Most BA/MD programs will also require a minimum MCAT score to secure the provisional acceptance to the linked MD program. It is not a perfect test by any means, but neither are the boards. Most (if not all) medical schools use the test as one indicator to gauge whether a student will be more likely to pass their boards later on. I would take the exam when you are ready.
 
Not that I know of
I was browsing the ChooseDO Explorer and I saw LECOM as one. Probably others.

No idea if there any people who are actually successful without one though, but they did list it:

The College will consider the applicant’s most recent Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores. MCAT scores taken within the past three years are acceptable. A competitive MCAT score is in the 50 percentile or higher. In lieu of MCAT Scores, LECOM may use an Academic Index Score that uses undergraduate and graduate GPAs in a formula calculation with ACT and/or SAT Critical Reading and Math scores. Use the form below to calculate your Academic Index Score.