Are there DO Progams in the Caribbean

Started by AgActual
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AgActual

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was having a discussion with a guy in my class last night and he was can't decide whether he wants to go to an MD program in the caribbean or if he wants to do a chiropractic program in the U.S. (he is really interested in manual manipulation for MSK injuries). I asked him why not just look into a DO program in the Caribbean, as it would mix both things he is interested in. However, we ended up having a conversation where we attempted to figure out if there actually were DO programs in the Caribbean.

So i am just curious now, are there DO programs at any of the Caribbean schools, that would allow you to practice in the U.S.?

And i did try to look into this on my own but i can't remember which schools allow you to practice in the U.S. when you are done.
 
No, there aren't any DO programs in the Caribbean. However, RVU-COM is a for profit school that was started by man behind Ross (I believe).
 
No, there aren't any DO programs in the Caribbean. However, RVU-COM is a for profit school that was started by man behind Ross (I believe).

I think it was started by the son of the person who founded American University of the Caribbean.

If he likes DO better than MD... he should definitely go to the US DO route. Its getting harder and harder for Caribbean graduates to match.

Chiropractic school is completely different from MD/DO.
 
Chiropractic school is completely different from MD/DO.
Indeed it is. He is a very torn individual.

I suppose if there aren't any DO programs in the Caribbean, at least not ones that any American should go to, he could also get his MD and then earn a certification in manual manipulation. It bit of post grad work but my uncle is an MD and he learned manipulation at some point with little fuss.