are u aware of this?????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docasrpa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have read the post of SPT..
so much score differnce..
what will be the admsn basis. .?any student who has appeared b4 dec 2006 will be on higher edge than us..this might hinder in our admsn process..

has any1 called ADA or written TO them..abt this..

HIGH TIME FOR EVERY1 TO AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

From the NBDE p.1 official Candidate Guide:
Two factors affect a candidate's score: the number of correct answers selected by the candidate and the score scale conversion for the examination.

On the back of the score report one can read the following:

# # #​
INFORMATION FOR INTERPRETING SCORES
National Board results are reported in standard scores so that scores from different editions of the same examination may he compared. Because different editions may vary in difficulty, comparisons based on number of correct answers would be subject to error.

The standard score system used for the National Board Dental Examinations compares each candidate's performance with the performance of a well defined reference group. This reference group consists of all candidates who are enrolled in dental schools with approval accreditation status and who are being examined for the first time. The score of 75 is used by the Joint Commission to reflect the minimum passing score on an examination.

The following table provides a typical distribution of the reference group falling into each range of reported scores for a given examination.

scorepm0.gif

For example, 21.2 per cent of the reference group is expected to score in the 84-86 range of National Board scores on a given examination. The percentage of the reference group that would be expected to score up to this range is 60.8

The score scales for Part I examinations are determined by reference to performance standards established in 1982. For the comprehensive Part II examination, a standard-setting committee determines the score scale by means of a criterion-referenced method. Although conversion scales are established in terms of reference group performance, these conversion scales, once established, are uniformly applied to all Part I and Part II candidates.

# # #​

any student who has appeared b4 dec 2006 will be on higher edge than us..this might hinder in our admsn process..
So why do you think so?

The question is: can we call the current version of the exam "the same"?

Minimal Passing Raw Score: The minimal passing raw score is the lowest number of items that a candidate had to answer correctly to pass. The minimal passing raw score is always converted to the reported score of 75.

this is from the techinal report by ADA on their site, have pasted the Minimum Passing Raw Score which would mean 75 standard score....so earlier candidates who were reported with 75 in anatomy that was standard score not that they answered 75 correct answ

INFORMATION Minimum Passing Raw Score
1999 45
2000 50
2001 48
2002 50
2003 47
2004 48
2005 50

I think when schools will c the report of there students they wil have an idea abt new scoring pattern so dont WORRY

JUST DO YOUR BEST ............:luck: DONT PANIC BE COOL
EXAM IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT I THINK EVERYONE IS WELL PREPARED NOW WITH NEW FORMAT........................ON EXAM DAY TAKE UR TIME IN ANSWERING PLENTY OF TIME TRUST ME .................