Are you doing the virtual conferences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious what you think about virtual conferences for students planning to apply to grad school? I did a poster presentation at one virtual conference and have another upcoming. While it was good experience putting together a poster and I watched some interesting talks, it all felt very disconnected. Not sure what students can do to get the most out of these virtual conferences, especially if many profs aren't participating in them.

Also I find it interesting to see the differences in registration fees for virtual conferences (how can some conferences be free whereas others are charging substantial registration costs, even though they're basically offering the same thing)
I’m wondering this I’m going as a student