Are you from Los Angeles?

Started by SonnetMV
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SonnetMV

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My partner and I are (very likely) moving to LA in June. Can anyone recommend shelters or clinics that hire people who have no previous vet experience? I'm doing my own research on the matter and understand I might just have to wait until I get there, but thought it was worth asking just in case. Thank you!
 
My partner and I are (very likely) moving to LA in June. Can anyone recommend shelters or clinics that hire people who have no previous vet experience? I'm doing my own research on the matter and understand I might just have to wait until I get there, but thought it was worth asking just in case. Thank you!

hum Los Angeles is HUGE...we would need way more info from you to help (where in LA, how long of a commute are you willing to do)..
 
Thanks for the response. It sounds like we'll probably be in Koreatown, although Los Feliz is an option as well. I'm fine with a long commute (an hour or so), and the neighborhood isn't set in stone, so any and all locations that anyone has personal experience with or could recommend would be helpful. I've found out about some great volunteer opportunities outside of the city that I'm interested in (exotic feline breeding compounds, gibbon center for endangered species, california wildlife center, etc) but I definitely need to get an actual job that would (hopefully) provide me with small animal vet experience. I'm fine with passing out my resume to tons of places once I get there, but just thought that if anyone knew of particular clinics or kennels that tend to hire newbies, it might make the initial search a little easier. Let me know if I can answer any other questions, and also feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to post about particular places on here. Thanks!