Class of 2030..how you doin’?

Started by vampyrica
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vampyrica

c/o 2030
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I’ve already been in school for years and it’s only been two weeks. Being the first class in a new curriculum is rough…but I’m staying optimistic (or atleast trying to) :bag:

How is everyone else doing? I saw some schools have had exams already?!


Joey Tribbiani Flirt GIF
 
Last edited:
I feel like I’ve already been in school for years and it’s only been two weeks. Being the first class in a new curriculum is rough…but I’m staying optimistic (or atleast trying to) :bag:

How is everyone else doing? I saw some schools have had exams already?!
Time is flyingggggg lol. Our first exam is Tuesday 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BUT I’ve already put a catheter In a dog, did my first practice COMSCE, learned the basics of ultrasound, touched a horse and wrangled goats so even though I feel like I’m drowning (and honestly it was a really rough first two weeks with my baby bird passing) we have done some fun/cool stuff. I’ve also really enjoyed going to food animal rounds just for something different
 
Starting week 5 here. Coming from an almost entirely lab animal tech background handling rodents it's been a wild ride since we're starting out with large animal. I've already haltered a horse for the first time ever and auscultated my first cow. I had no idea how absolutely huge cows are. Also, rumen contractions sound AWESOME. Whoever described it as distant rolling thunder is spot on.

First big exam next week... quizzes have been going okay so we'll see how it goes.