Arghh!!! Quick question, can someone please help? :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrDreamWeaver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi and thanks before hand :)

I asked one of my Chemistry professors to write me a Letter of Recommendation. She said she would be happy to do so :) However, I don't know if Med Schools require the letters to be sent directly from the writer, or if the student can personally send them in.

(I'll be starting the admission process in 1.5yrs so I'm a little scared to wait so long before gathering LORs. Also, isn't it kinda awkward to ask someone to send out 9293493294392 letters? haha).

lastly, is there any specific format for a LOR (for med school)?

Members don't see this ad.

MrDreamWeaver said:
Hi and thanks before hand :)

I asked one of my Chemistry professors to write me a Letter of Recommendation. She said she would be happy to do so :) However, I don't know if Med Schools require the letters to be sent directly from the writer, or if the student can personally send them in.

(I'll be starting the admission process in 1.5yrs so I'm a little scared to wait so long before gathering LORs. Also, isn't it kinda awkward to ask someone to send out 9293493294392 letters? haha).

lastly, is there any specific format for a LOR (for med school)?

Inquire about a Letter of Recommendation Service or Pre-advisory committee at your school. Most undergrad. schools have them and all you do is pick up their form and your recommender submits the letter to your school; then letters get sent out when you apply. Make sure it's a confidential service, so you never actually see the letter.

If your school does not have one of these, then you either have to have the recommender send the letter out to each school, or set up a Portfolio file online (I'm not sure how to do this tho.)

Hope that helped!!! :luck: :luck:

Some med shcols I have come accross, however, do not accept student-initiated subscription to LOR service companies, so I suggest you do your research early and wisely.