Arizona DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abudara

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to make a thread for people applying to programs in Arizona

I’ve applied to Midwestern, AT Still, and Franklin Pierce. Did not apply to NAU.

Has anyone heard back from any schools yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at AT Still Friday 10/6. Should hear back from them either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I interviewed at AT Still Friday 10/6. Should hear back from them either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Nice!
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit/complete your application and how long did they take to invite you for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice!
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit/complete your application and how long did they take to invite you for an interview?

I just got my acceptance letter from ATSU at 4pm PST!

I just got accepted to ATSU this afternoon
I just got my acceptance letter from ATSU at 4pm PST!

Awesome
If you guys don’t mind me asking, how long was your supplemental essay question regarding volunteer work in communities with lower socioeconomic status?

I feel as I kind of brushed off that essay and probably could have done a better job

I have my interview with ATSU in a couple weeks, i submitted my application September 1st and heard back just a few days ago about getting an interview. For those accepted, have any tips for the interview?

I have my interview with ATSU in a couple weeks, i submitted my application September 1st and heard back just a few days ago about getting an interview. For those accepted, have any tips for the interview?
Interview Process: 1. School Tour with 2nd Year DPT Student, 2. one-on-one interview with Faculty (When I did it was Dr. Wilkinson, Lynskey, and a 3rd person interviewing 3 separate people), 3. Q&A with Another 2nd year DPT Student and Dr. Bordenave. All these are part of the interview, make sure you have good questions for everyone you met. I asked, "What are some pearls you discovered your first year?" "What is the culture like in your cohort?" "Can you tell me a story about an alumni that stands out to you?"

1. Email Erlinda to see who is interviewing you and read their bio on the ATSU website.

2. https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/at-still-university-interview-2016.1226228/

3. Please talk a little bit about yourself that is or is not reflected in your application?
Why did you pick AT Still university?
Can you give me an instance where you encountered a stressful situation and please describe how you handled it?
How would you interact in a team setting such as working with OTs, PTs, PTAs, PAs, ARNP and MD/DO?
We encounter a diverse population, please tell me how you would present yourself if a client had a cultural or religious barrier?
How would you provide customer service to your patients? <-- Make sure you have a good answer for this one.
What classes did you find most rewarding in your undergraduate degree? (this one might be specific to each student)
Please describe your communicate skills?
Lastly, do you have any questions about our program?

Reactions: 3 users
Awesome
If you guys don’t mind me asking, how long was your supplemental essay question regarding volunteer work in communities with lower socioeconomic status?

I feel as I kind of brushed off that essay and probably could have done a better job

My essay was about half a page worth of writing, but it was very concise. I wrote it over the course of the year.

I am giving up my spot at the end of the week most likely so good luck to those on the wait list.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an invite to interview at NAU! My interview is scheduled on the Phoenix campus...wondering if anyone knows more about this? I would definitely prefer the Flagstaff campus, so I don't know if I'm not being considered for Flagstaff or if they're just interviewing all candidates in Phoenix. Any info would be appreciated! :)

I just received an invite to interview at NAU! My interview is scheduled on the Phoenix campus...wondering if anyone knows more about this? I would definitely prefer the Flagstaff campus, so I don't know if I'm not being considered for Flagstaff or if they're just interviewing all candidates in Phoenix. Any info would be appreciated! :)
I just got my interview invite too! I'm so excited. I'm interviewing at Phoenix also, even though my preference was marked for Flagstaff. In the email, it said that the site you interview at is not necessarily the campus you would attend if accepted. I am sure we are still being considered Flagstaff. I don't know much more than that. Do you know if its a group interview or individual?

I just got my interview invite too! I'm so excited. I'm interviewing at Phoenix also, even though my preference was marked for Flagstaff. In the email, it said that the site you interview at is not necessarily the campus you would attend if accepted. I am sure we are still being considered Flagstaff. I don't know much more than that. Do you know if its a group interview or individual?
Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats? I am still waiting to hear back from them, hopefully not getting an email isn't bad news! Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats? I am still waiting to hear back from them, hopefully not getting an email isn't bad news! Thanks
A friend of mine received an interview invite, but I haven't heard anything either! Anyone know if all invite emails were sent today?

Reactions: 1 users

I received an interview invitation at NAU (Phoenix campus) last week as well! I know that it is a panel interview, but unsure if it is group or individual. I imagine it will be a group interview based on what I've been reading about other panel format interviews.

A friend of mine received an interview invite, but I haven't heard anything either! Anyone know if all invite emails were sent today?

There is still hope. Not sure if all invite interviews were sent out last week, but if they were there will most likely be another round. Anyone invited to an interview has until Dec. 15th to confirm with the school that they will be attending. So be on the lookout for a second round of invites for any spots that opened due to people declining. Good luck!

Anyone heard from NAU flagstaff yet?? Anxiously awaiting an email!

Lol, this process is killing me. What other schools did you apply to?
U of utah, eastern Washington, university of Montana, UNLV, and then I'm on the waitlist at Rocky Mountain! What about you?

U of utah, eastern Washington, university of Montana, UNLV, and then I'm on the waitlist at Rocky Mountain! What about you?
Very similar! University of Utah, Eastern Washington, University of Montana, Nova Southeastern, and was accepted at Touro Nevada. Haven't heard back from anyone else yet.

Very similar! University of Utah, Eastern Washington, University of Montana, Nova Southeastern, and was accepted at Touro Nevada. Haven't heard back from anyone else yet.
that's awesome, congrats on that acceptance!! I didn't even find out about that school until the day that the application was due haha ugh

I received an interview invitation at NAU (Phoenix campus) last week as well! I know that it is a panel interview, but unsure if it is group or individual. I imagine it will be a group interview based on what I've been reading about other panel format interviews.
Oh - I didn't know it was a panel format...where did you find that info? I have done some research on SDN but can't find too much on the interview itself.

Oh - I didn't know it was a panel format...where did you find that info? I have done some research on SDN but can't find too much on the interview itself.

The initial email about the interview invitation said:

"The complete process will take approximately two and one-half hours. You will participate in a panel interview with members of our academic and clinical faculty."

I have been unable to find out more details as well.

Does anyone know when we should hear back from Midwestern?

Haven't heard anything back from Midwestern yet.

I’m waitlisted for an interview at MWU. I heard back in December from them. They said the interview process will probably go on to April. I haven’t heard ANYTHING from Franklin Pierce which worries me

Anyone interviewing at NAU flagstaff and interested in carpooling from SLC or somewhere along the way?

Driving or flying? Looking to carpool from Utah perhaps.

Interested in carpooling from Utah?

Any word from midwestern or Franklin pierce yet?
So I got an acceptance from Franklin Pierce on Jan 8th but I turned it down this past week. Hope this helps one of you! Good luck! :)

So I got an acceptance from Franklin Pierce on Jan 8th but I turned it down this past week. Hope this helps one of you! Good luck! :)
Interesting. The first and only email I received was in December that they “received my application”. Hopefully I hear soon

Interesting. The first and only email I received was in December that they “received my application”. Hopefully I hear soon
So we had til this Monday to turn down the offer, so they will probably send another wave of applications out after.

Any updates from Frankly Pierce? From what I've seen, many people got acceptance letters on January 8th and had two weeks to let them know! Anyone know if the next wave was sent out?

Any updates from Frankly Pierce? From what I've seen, many people got acceptance letters on January 8th and had two weeks to let them know! Anyone know if the next wave was sent out?
I haven’t received anything from then yet. Not one word and it’s driving me nuts

I haven’t received anything from then yet. Not one word and it’s driving me nuts
Same. I saw in other forums people didn't find out until March or April so I am not freaking out yet, but the wait is no fun. I check my email too much

Anybody hear from NAU yet about interviews?

Received an acceptance from FPU in AZ today, but will be turning it down. Hope it helps one of you guys get in :)

Received an acceptance from FPU in AZ today, but will be turning it down. Hope it helps one of you guys get in :)
You mind posting your stats? Still waiting to hear. Haven’t gotten declined so I guess that’s good

You mind posting your stats? Still waiting to hear. Haven’t gotten declined so I guess that’s good

3.45 cumulative GPA with an upward trend, so around 3.65 GPA the last 60 units.
Program specific GPA was around 3.4

Over 1000 outpatient hours as an aide, 30 hrs in SNF, 30 hours in vestibular rehab clinic

2 LoRs from PTs I worked for. 1 LoR from my Ex Phys professor

I also think I had a really good and personal PTCAS essay and felt very confident in my answers to their supplemental questions on PTCAS.

3.45 cumulative GPA with an upward trend, so around 3.65 GPA the last 60 units.
Program specific GPA was around 3.4

Over 1000 outpatient hours as an aide, 30 hrs in SNF, 30 hours in vestibular rehab clinic

2 LoRs from PTs I worked for. 1 LoR from my Ex Phys professor

I also think I had a really good and personal PTCAS essay and felt very confident in my answers to their supplemental questions on PTCAS.
Awesome! Thanks. I have pretty similar stats to yours. Where did you accept since you are declining at FPU? Congrats again!

Awesome! Thanks. I have pretty similar stats to yours. Where did you accept since you are declining at FPU? Congrats again!

Thanks
I accepted a spot at the University of St Augustine. Decided to stay closer to home

I'm on the alternate list at NAU, on the wait list for an interview at Midwestern, haven't heard back from Franklin Pierce, and rejected from AT Still. Curious if anyone else has heard back from AZ schools?

I'm on the alternate list at NAU, on the wait list for an interview at Midwestern, haven't heard back from Franklin Pierce, and rejected from AT Still. Curious if anyone else has heard back from AZ schools?

There's a wait list to INTERVIEW at Midwestern? Lol... haven't even heard back from them yet.

There's a wait list to INTERVIEW at Midwestern? Lol... haven't even heard back from them yet.
Lol! I had never heard of it either until I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking the status of my application. I just really hope I get into 1 of my schools this year. I can't take the stress of the unknown and waiting!

Hey guys, I was accepted at NAU on the Flagstaff campus and I will be attending! After confirming my deposit was received they pretty much said "stay tuned for more news in the coming months." Wondering if anyone in this thread will also be going NAU/if they got any more information than that? Hoping they will connect us through e-mail/facebook or something at some point... looking forward to meeting you all! :)

Haven't heard anything from Franklin Pierce. The just keep telling me my application is waiting for a final decision. I was pretty confident I would be accepted there when I looked at the stats of those that have already been accepted. Anyway, I got into my top school so even if I do get accepted, I will not be attending! Hope that opens a spot for one of you!