You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Arizona DPT
Started by Abudara
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed at AT Still Friday 10/6. Should hear back from them either Tuesday or Wednesday.
I interviewed at AT Still Friday 10/6. Should hear back from them either Tuesday or Wednesday.
Nice!
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit/complete your application and how long did they take to invite you for an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted to ATSU this afternoon
Nice!
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit/complete your application and how long did they take to invite you for an interview?
I just got my acceptance letter from ATSU at 4pm PST!
I just got accepted to ATSU this afternoon
I just got my acceptance letter from ATSU at 4pm PST!
Awesome
If you guys don’t mind me asking, how long was your supplemental essay question regarding volunteer work in communities with lower socioeconomic status?
I feel as I kind of brushed off that essay and probably could have done a better job
Interview Process: 1. School Tour with 2nd Year DPT Student, 2. one-on-one interview with Faculty (When I did it was Dr. Wilkinson, Lynskey, and a 3rd person interviewing 3 separate people), 3. Q&A with Another 2nd year DPT Student and Dr. Bordenave. All these are part of the interview, make sure you have good questions for everyone you met. I asked, "What are some pearls you discovered your first year?" "What is the culture like in your cohort?" "Can you tell me a story about an alumni that stands out to you?"I have my interview with ATSU in a couple weeks, i submitted my application September 1st and heard back just a few days ago about getting an interview. For those accepted, have any tips for the interview?
1. Email Erlinda to see who is interviewing you and read their bio on the ATSU website.
2. https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/at-still-university-interview-2016.1226228/
3. Please talk a little bit about yourself that is or is not reflected in your application?
Why did you pick AT Still university?
Can you give me an instance where you encountered a stressful situation and please describe how you handled it?
How would you interact in a team setting such as working with OTs, PTs, PTAs, PAs, ARNP and MD/DO?
We encounter a diverse population, please tell me how you would present yourself if a client had a cultural or religious barrier?
How would you provide customer service to your patients? <-- Make sure you have a good answer for this one.
What classes did you find most rewarding in your undergraduate degree? (this one might be specific to each student)
Please describe your communicate skills?
Lastly, do you have any questions about our program?
Awesome
If you guys don’t mind me asking, how long was your supplemental essay question regarding volunteer work in communities with lower socioeconomic status?
I feel as I kind of brushed off that essay and probably could have done a better job
My essay was about half a page worth of writing, but it was very concise. I wrote it over the course of the year.
I am giving up my spot at the end of the week most likely so good luck to those on the wait list.
I just received an invite to interview at NAU! My interview is scheduled on the Phoenix campus...wondering if anyone knows more about this? I would definitely prefer the Flagstaff campus, so I don't know if I'm not being considered for Flagstaff or if they're just interviewing all candidates in Phoenix. Any info would be appreciated! 🙂
I just got my interview invite too! I'm so excited. I'm interviewing at Phoenix also, even though my preference was marked for Flagstaff. In the email, it said that the site you interview at is not necessarily the campus you would attend if accepted. I am sure we are still being considered Flagstaff. I don't know much more than that. Do you know if its a group interview or individual?I just received an invite to interview at NAU! My interview is scheduled on the Phoenix campus...wondering if anyone knows more about this? I would definitely prefer the Flagstaff campus, so I don't know if I'm not being considered for Flagstaff or if they're just interviewing all candidates in Phoenix. Any info would be appreciated! 🙂
Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats? I am still waiting to hear back from them, hopefully not getting an email isn't bad news! ThanksI just got my interview invite too! I'm so excited. I'm interviewing at Phoenix also, even though my preference was marked for Flagstaff. In the email, it said that the site you interview at is not necessarily the campus you would attend if accepted. I am sure we are still being considered Flagstaff. I don't know much more than that. Do you know if its a group interview or individual?
A friend of mine received an interview invite, but I haven't heard anything either! Anyone know if all invite emails were sent today?Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats? I am still waiting to hear back from them, hopefully not getting an email isn't bad news! Thanks
I just got my interview invite too! I'm so excited. I'm interviewing at Phoenix also, even though my preference was marked for Flagstaff. In the email, it said that the site you interview at is not necessarily the campus you would attend if accepted. I am sure we are still being considered Flagstaff. I don't know much more than that. Do you know if its a group interview or individual?
I received an interview invitation at NAU (Phoenix campus) last week as well! I know that it is a panel interview, but unsure if it is group or individual. I imagine it will be a group interview based on what I've been reading about other panel format interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A friend of mine received an interview invite, but I haven't heard anything either! Anyone know if all invite emails were sent today?
There is still hope. Not sure if all invite interviews were sent out last week, but if they were there will most likely be another round. Anyone invited to an interview has until Dec. 15th to confirm with the school that they will be attending. So be on the lookout for a second round of invites for any spots that opened due to people declining. Good luck!
Just got a rejection email this morning about an hour ago.Anyone heard from NAU flagstaff yet?? Anxiously awaiting an email!
I got a rejection email as well. The wait for other schools continues.. lolJust got a rejection email this morning about an hour ago.
Lol, this process is killing me. What other schools did you apply to?I got a rejection email as well. The wait for other schools continues.. lol
U of utah, eastern Washington, university of Montana, UNLV, and then I'm on the waitlist at Rocky Mountain! What about you?Lol, this process is killing me. What other schools did you apply to?
Very similar! University of Utah, Eastern Washington, University of Montana, Nova Southeastern, and was accepted at Touro Nevada. Haven't heard back from anyone else yet.U of utah, eastern Washington, university of Montana, UNLV, and then I'm on the waitlist at Rocky Mountain! What about you?
that's awesome, congrats on that acceptance!! I didn't even find out about that school until the day that the application was due haha ughVery similar! University of Utah, Eastern Washington, University of Montana, Nova Southeastern, and was accepted at Touro Nevada. Haven't heard back from anyone else yet.
Oh - I didn't know it was a panel format...where did you find that info? I have done some research on SDN but can't find too much on the interview itself.I received an interview invitation at NAU (Phoenix campus) last week as well! I know that it is a panel interview, but unsure if it is group or individual. I imagine it will be a group interview based on what I've been reading about other panel format interviews.
Oh - I didn't know it was a panel format...where did you find that info? I have done some research on SDN but can't find too much on the interview itself.
The initial email about the interview invitation said:
"The complete process will take approximately two and one-half hours. You will participate in a panel interview with members of our academic and clinical faculty."
I have been unable to find out more details as well.
Does anyone know when we should hear back from Midwestern?
Haven't heard anything back from Midwestern yet.
Haven't heard anything back from Midwestern yet.
I’m waitlisted for an interview at MWU. I heard back in December from them. They said the interview process will probably go on to April. I haven’t heard ANYTHING from Franklin Pierce which worries me
Anyone interviewing at NAU flagstaff and interested in carpooling from SLC or somewhere along the way?
I received an interview invitation at NAU (Phoenix campus) last week as well! I know that it is a panel interview, but unsure if it is group or individual. I imagine it will be a group interview based on what I've been reading about other panel format interviews.
Driving or flying? Looking to carpool from Utah perhaps.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received an invite to interview at NAU! My interview is scheduled on the Phoenix campus...wondering if anyone knows more about this? I would definitely prefer the Flagstaff campus, so I don't know if I'm not being considered for Flagstaff or if they're just interviewing all candidates in Phoenix. Any info would be appreciated! 🙂
Interested in carpooling from Utah?
Interested in carpooling from Utah?
I would be if I weren't flying from Massachusetts haha! See you on the 26th
So I got an acceptance from Franklin Pierce on Jan 8th but I turned it down this past week. Hope this helps one of you! Good luck! 🙂Any word from midwestern or Franklin pierce yet?
Interesting. The first and only email I received was in December that they “received my application”. Hopefully I hear soonSo I got an acceptance from Franklin Pierce on Jan 8th but I turned it down this past week. Hope this helps one of you! Good luck! 🙂
So we had til this Monday to turn down the offer, so they will probably send another wave of applications out after.Interesting. The first and only email I received was in December that they “received my application”. Hopefully I hear soon
Any updates from Frankly Pierce? From what I've seen, many people got acceptance letters on January 8th and had two weeks to let them know! Anyone know if the next wave was sent out?
I haven’t received anything from then yet. Not one word and it’s driving me nutsAny updates from Frankly Pierce? From what I've seen, many people got acceptance letters on January 8th and had two weeks to let them know! Anyone know if the next wave was sent out?
Same. I saw in other forums people didn't find out until March or April so I am not freaking out yet, but the wait is no fun. I check my email too muchI haven’t received anything from then yet. Not one word and it’s driving me nuts
You mind posting your stats? Still waiting to hear. Haven’t gotten declined so I guess that’s goodReceived an acceptance from FPU in AZ today, but will be turning it down. Hope it helps one of you guys get in 🙂
You mind posting your stats? Still waiting to hear. Haven’t gotten declined so I guess that’s good
3.45 cumulative GPA with an upward trend, so around 3.65 GPA the last 60 units.
Program specific GPA was around 3.4
Over 1000 outpatient hours as an aide, 30 hrs in SNF, 30 hours in vestibular rehab clinic
2 LoRs from PTs I worked for. 1 LoR from my Ex Phys professor
I also think I had a really good and personal PTCAS essay and felt very confident in my answers to their supplemental questions on PTCAS.
Awesome! Thanks. I have pretty similar stats to yours. Where did you accept since you are declining at FPU? Congrats again!3.45 cumulative GPA with an upward trend, so around 3.65 GPA the last 60 units.
Program specific GPA was around 3.4
Over 1000 outpatient hours as an aide, 30 hrs in SNF, 30 hours in vestibular rehab clinic
2 LoRs from PTs I worked for. 1 LoR from my Ex Phys professor
I also think I had a really good and personal PTCAS essay and felt very confident in my answers to their supplemental questions on PTCAS.
Awesome! Thanks. I have pretty similar stats to yours. Where did you accept since you are declining at FPU? Congrats again!
Thanks
I accepted a spot at the University of St Augustine. Decided to stay closer to home
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on the alternate list at NAU, on the wait list for an interview at Midwestern, haven't heard back from Franklin Pierce, and rejected from AT Still. Curious if anyone else has heard back from AZ schools?
There's a wait list to INTERVIEW at Midwestern? Lol... haven't even heard back from them yet.
Lol! I had never heard of it either until I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking the status of my application. I just really hope I get into 1 of my schools this year. I can't take the stress of the unknown and waiting!There's a wait list to INTERVIEW at Midwestern? Lol... haven't even heard back from them yet.
Hey guys, I was accepted at NAU on the Flagstaff campus and I will be attending! After confirming my deposit was received they pretty much said "stay tuned for more news in the coming months." Wondering if anyone in this thread will also be going NAU/if they got any more information than that? Hoping they will connect us through e-mail/facebook or something at some point... looking forward to meeting you all! 🙂
Haven't heard anything from Franklin Pierce. The just keep telling me my application is waiting for a final decision. I was pretty confident I would be accepted there when I looked at the stats of those that have already been accepted. Anyway, I got into my top school so even if I do get accepted, I will not be attending! Hope that opens a spot for one of you!