Arizona DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I was accepted at NAU on the Flagstaff campus and I will be attending! After confirming my deposit was received they pretty much said "stay tuned for more news in the coming months." Wondering if anyone in this thread will also be going NAU/if they got any more information than that? Hoping they will connect us through e-mail/facebook or something at some point... looking forward to meeting you all! :)

Hey there. I am a current first year at NAU in Flagstaff. And that is exactly what it means, stay tuned for more news in the coming months. You will get a welcome email in a few weeks if you have not received it already. The department will also coordinate with someone in your cohort on setting up a facebook group in mid-April. More information will not come to you until June, unless things have changed since last year. I recommend that you get your official transcripts sent over from your institutions directly to NAU and that you start looking for housing IMMEDIATELY. Housing in Flagstaff is difficult because most NAU students (undergrad and grad) live off campus as there is very minimal housing. Hope this helps! Look forward to seeing you in August :)

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't heard anything from Franklin Pierce. The just keep telling me my application is waiting for a final decision. I was pretty confident I would be accepted there when I looked at the stats of those that have already been accepted. Anyway, I got into my top school so even if I do get accepted, I will not be attending! Hope that opens a spot for one of you!
I thought I would've been accepted into at least 1 of my choices by now but still no dice. Keeping my fingers crossed and trying to think positive. Congrats on getting into your top school!

Lol! I had never heard of it either until I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking the status of my application. I just really hope I get into 1 of my schools this year. I can't take the stress of the unknown and waiting!

I was put on the waitlist for an interview at Midwestern and then received an invitation to interview last week. They just opened another interview date yesterday so I am assuming they are contacting more waitlist people. good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was put on the waitlist for an interview at Midwestern and then received an invitation to interview last week. They just opened another interview date yesterday so I am assuming they are contacting more waitlist people. good luck!
Thanks for the update. When is the interview date?

Hey there. I am a current first year at NAU in Flagstaff. And that is exactly what it means, stay tuned for more news in the coming months. You will get a welcome email in a few weeks if you have not received it already. The department will also coordinate with someone in your cohort on setting up a facebook group in mid-April. More information will not come to you until June, unless things have changed since last year. I recommend that you get your official transcripts sent over from your institutions directly to NAU and that you start looking for housing IMMEDIATELY. Housing in Flagstaff is difficult because most NAU students (undergrad and grad) live off campus as there is very minimal housing. Hope this helps! Look forward to seeing you in August :)

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post! This is all very helpful info. Housing is my most immediate worry because I'm from Massachusetts so it's not exactly easy for me to get out there and find a place. However, I am doing some travelling before school and I may actually be in Arizona around April so I was thinking of maybe looking for something then. If you don't mind answering, I know you said immediately, but how immediately is immediately? Obviously you can't know for sure but will I have a hard time finding something in April? Should I start looking now? I'm hoping to live with roommate(s) in my program, so I'm not sure I want to find something before I'm connected with other students. But I also don't want to end up without housing haha!

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post! This is all very helpful info. Housing is my most immediate worry because I'm from Massachusetts so it's not exactly easy for me to get out there and find a place. However, I am doing some travelling before school and I may actually be in Arizona around April so I was thinking of maybe looking for something then. If you don't mind answering, I know you said immediately, but how immediately is immediately? Obviously you can't know for sure but will I have a hard time finding something in April? Should I start looking now? I'm hoping to live with roommate(s) in my program, so I'm not sure I want to find something before I'm connected with other students. But I also don't want to end up without housing haha!

Wow! That’s a long ways away haha in my class I think the farthest is from Vermont! I would at least start researching apartment complexes online and get an idea for what would be in your budget and start brainstorming! You guys will get a Facebook page set up eventually, so you can begin to talk to other classmates then and get a feel for where they are thinking. My class is a mix of people who live with others in the program and some that don’t, but that is preference. Often times there can be wait lists for apartments and there are also nau housing Facebook pages where people post about taking over leases and other housing options that may come up.

Haven't heard anything from Franklin Pierce. The just keep telling me my application is waiting for a final decision. I was pretty confident I would be accepted there when I looked at the stats of those that have already been accepted. Anyway, I got into my top school so even if I do get accepted, I will not be attending! Hope that opens a spot for one of you!
I heard the same thing about my application with Franklin Pierce the last time I emailed them. Hope I hear something soon!

Wow! That’s a long ways away haha in my class I think the farthest is from Vermont! I would at least start researching apartment complexes online and get an idea for what would be in your budget and start brainstorming! You guys will get a Facebook page set up eventually, so you can begin to talk to other classmates then and get a feel for where they are thinking. My class is a mix of people who live with others in the program and some that don’t, but that is preference. Often times there can be wait lists for apartments and there are also nau housing Facebook pages where people post about taking over leases and other housing options that may come up.
Great - thanks so much for the info. I actually did end up hearing back from the department that they probably won't be connecting us to any classmates until May or so.. which I guess makes sense as it sounds like they're still actively moving through the waitlist. But I'll start some research and make some calls to housing options in the area and see what the process/wait is like for housing!

Anyone else hear anything recent from Midwestern or Franklin Pierce?

Has anyone had an interview at Midwestern and could share some advice?? I have mine tomorrow morning!