Arizona Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaguaroMan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see if anyone else out there that had interviews at ASDOH during the first or second week of January has heard anything back yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview the week before x-mas and I have not heard anything back yet. I even thouhgt my interview went really well so who knows.

Attachments

• Student.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 148
I interviewed Oct. 25th, but haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Jan 13 and haven't heard anything back yet. I keep checking the mail everyday and so far nothing. My wife is starting to get a little antsy.

I interviewed around the first week of Jan. and I was accepted the same day I interviewed via phone. Got it in the mail a day or two after that... I don't think it's a bad thing you haven't heard yet necessarily though. At the interview they said it took them months to make all their decisions. Good luck to all of you!

this is slightly off topic but you guys would be perfect for the Q:

I'm interviewing at ASDOH on Feb. 17th and I need a place to stay. All the hotels in the immediate vacinity are $100+. Any advice on where to stay on a student budget, transportations to/from airport/hotel/interview, etc?????

I would really appreciate any advice on this and/or the interview itself. Thanks guys,

eran

im also planning on attending that interview session (feb 17) could you guys please post some info - which airport/hotel/car rental....etc

thanks

eran76 said:

I'm interviewing at ASDOH on Feb. 17th and I need a place to stay. All the hotels in the immediate vacinity are $100+. Any advice on where to stay on a student budget, transportations to/from airport/hotel/interview, etc?????

I would really appreciate any advice on this and/or the interview itself. Thanks guys,

eran

eran76 said:

eran

i think it is like $70-80 if you ask for the discount with free liift to the school

eran76 said:

eran

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites which was recommended by the school. It was about $60 per night. Its brand new and actually really nice, about 2 miles from the dental school. And a free shuttle runs between the hotel and campus that can take you to and from your interview which was pretty convenient. I rented a car from the airport to the hotel which costed me about $20-25 per day (got it from expedia.com).

eran76 said:

eran

in order to get the $60 hotel rate though, make sure you say you are there for the dental school interview at ASDOH.

That's right i was in La Quita too

SaguaroMan said:
I just wanted to see if anyone else out there that had interviews at ASDOH during the first or second week of January has heard anything back yet.

I had mine in late DEC and heard early in JAN.

thanks everybody. Ironically, ASDOH just sent me the info email today. I guess I just got a little antsy :) good luck everyone.

e

SaguaroMan said:
Was that a yea or a nay?

It was yea (or, should I say, "Yay!"). Sorry I did not indicate that.

But don't fret if you don't hear right away, they told me the same thing they told Dane. Dr. Simonsen told us they are going to interview 400 people for the 54 slots, and they had over 2000 apps by the time I interviewed in DEC. I believe I was somewhere around interview #200 (just a guess). They left me with the strong impression that #399 and #400 will get the same consideration that #'s 1, 2, and 3 received.

Good luck!

jdcinza13 said:
I interviewed Oct. 25th, but haven't heard anything yet.

I interviewed towards the end of October. At the time they had my first DAT scores., which weren't so great. I retook the DAT on Jan 5, and I'm sure they
have the new set of DAT scores.

My question is: Did I retake the DAT too late. Do they touch your file once, and then you are out?

(By the way the PAT on my first DAT was a 14. That was the lowest score. I dont have the scores in front of me to give you)

DentaMax said:
(By the way the PAT on my first DAT was a 14. That was the lowest score. I dont have the scores in front of me to give you)

Nice increase on the PAT, congratulations!! Why don't you give them a call and see if they could consider you again since you re-took the DAT? I would do this if you are seriously considering going to AZ.

wimmcs said:
Nice increase on the PAT, congratulations!! Why don't you give them a call and see if they could consider you again since you re-took the DAT? I would do this if you are seriously considering going to AZ.

Ditto. It will let them know you are still interested, and bring notice to your improved scores.

Good luck!

Hey Just wondering if any of you guys will be at the Arizona interview this Wed?

does anyone know what the group activity during the interview is about? and what kinda questions do they ask?? thankS!!!!!

luciaboy said:
does anyone know what the group activity during the interview is about? and what kinda questions do they ask?? thankS!!!!!

You watch a short clip about a helicopter crash in a blizzard and you need to rank items 1-10 in order of importance. (You and your friends are involved in the crash) I am not sure what criteria they are looking at during this part (leadership/working as a group) You, individiually rank the items and then you rank them as a group. Good luck.