• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Arizona Interviews

About the Ads

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
    I interviewed on Jan 13 and haven't heard anything back yet. I keep checking the mail everyday and so far nothing. My wife is starting to get a little antsy.

dane4695

studyin` machine
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jun 29, 2004
    Bethel, AK
    1. Dentist
      I interviewed around the first week of Jan. and I was accepted the same day I interviewed via phone. Got it in the mail a day or two after that... I don't think it's a bad thing you haven't heard yet necessarily though. At the interview they said it took them months to make all their decisions. Good luck to all of you!

eran76

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Sep 24, 2004
      Pittsburgh (but from Seattle)
      1. Dental Student
        this is slightly off topic but you guys would be perfect for the Q:

I'm interviewing at ASDOH on Feb. 17th and I need a place to stay. All the hotels in the immediate vacinity are $100+. Any advice on where to stay on a student budget, transportations to/from airport/hotel/interview, etc?????

I would really appreciate any advice on this and/or the interview itself. Thanks guys,

eran

jonnytight

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Nov 8, 2004
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          im also planning on attending that interview session (feb 17) could you guys please post some info - which airport/hotel/car rental....etc

thanks

eran76 said:

I'm interviewing at ASDOH on Feb. 17th and I need a place to stay. All the hotels in the immediate vacinity are $100+. Any advice on where to stay on a student budget, transportations to/from airport/hotel/interview, etc?????

I would really appreciate any advice on this and/or the interview itself. Thanks guys,

eran

aceking

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Dec 30, 2004
            eran76 said:

eran

i think it is like $70-80 if you ask for the discount with free liift to the school

Nanoosa7

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Dec 7, 2004
              eran76 said:

eran

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites which was recommended by the school. It was about $60 per night. Its brand new and actually really nice, about 2 miles from the dental school. And a free shuttle runs between the hotel and campus that can take you to and from your interview which was pretty convenient. I rented a car from the airport to the hotel which costed me about $20-25 per day (got it from expedia.com).

Nanoosa7

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Dec 7, 2004
                eran76 said:

eran

in order to get the $60 hotel rate though, make sure you say you are there for the dental school interview at ASDOH.

spc213

SDN Donor
                10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Army
                Jan 12, 2005
                Georgia
                1. Dentist
                  SaguaroMan said:
                  Was that a yea or a nay?

It was yea (or, should I say, "Yay!"). Sorry I did not indicate that.

But don't fret if you don't hear right away, they told me the same thing they told Dane. Dr. Simonsen told us they are going to interview 400 people for the 54 slots, and they had over 2000 apps by the time I interviewed in DEC. I believe I was somewhere around interview #200 (just a guess). They left me with the strong impression that #399 and #400 will get the same consideration that #'s 1, 2, and 3 received.

Good luck!

DentaMax

10+ Year Member
                  Feb 5, 2005
                  Tucson, Arizona
                    jdcinza13 said:
                    I interviewed Oct. 25th, but haven't heard anything yet.

I interviewed towards the end of October. At the time they had my first DAT scores., which weren't so great. I retook the DAT on Jan 5, and I'm sure they
                    have the new set of DAT scores.

My question is: Did I retake the DAT too late. Do they touch your file once, and then you are out?

(By the way the PAT on my first DAT was a 14. That was the lowest score. I dont have the scores in front of me to give you)

wimmcs

7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    May 16, 2003
                    Arizona
                      DentaMax said:
                      (By the way the PAT on my first DAT was a 14. That was the lowest score. I dont have the scores in front of me to give you)

Nice increase on the PAT, congratulations!! Why don't you give them a call and see if they could consider you again since you re-took the DAT? I would do this if you are seriously considering going to AZ.

spc213

SDN Donor
                      10+ Year Member
                      5+ Year Member
                      Army
                      Jan 12, 2005
                      Georgia
                      1. Dentist
                        wimmcs said:
                        Nice increase on the PAT, congratulations!! Why don't you give them a call and see if they could consider you again since you re-took the DAT? I would do this if you are seriously considering going to AZ.

Ditto. It will let them know you are still interested, and bring notice to your improved scores.

Good luck!

DentaMax

10+ Year Member
                        Feb 5, 2005
                        Tucson, Arizona
                          luciaboy said:
                          does anyone know what the group activity during the interview is about? and what kinda questions do they ask?? thankS!!!!!

You watch a short clip about a helicopter crash in a blizzard and you need to rank items 1-10 in order of importance. (You and your friends are involved in the crash) I am not sure what criteria they are looking at during this part (leadership/working as a group) You, individiually rank the items and then you rank them as a group. Good luck.

About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.