Arkansas Residents. LSU vs. Missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjl3e

LSU C/O 2022!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both LSU and Missouri for the upcoming class and am having a hard time making a decision between the two. Can any current students or graduates that went to either share their reasons for their choice and what they like/dislike about either school? I would especially like to hear from those who were accepted to both and chose one over the other. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't have Any input on this. Just wanted to congratulate you on being accepted. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any current student out there??

I don't think we have any current LSU students on here (at least not regularly), but as far as Mizzou goes I would check out the factors when picking a school, and Mizzou c/o 2022 threads if you haven't already: Factors when picking a school
Based on the VIN map, it looks like LSU would be about $12k cheaper overall due to the contract with Arkansas, so not a huge difference, but I'd make that a factor in your decision.

I don't think we have any current LSU students on here (at least not regularly), but as far as Mizzou goes I would check out the factors when picking a school, and Mizzou c/o 2022 threads if you haven't already: Factors when picking a school
Based on the VIN map, it looks like LSU would be about $12k cheaper overall due to the contract with Arkansas, so not a huge difference, but I'd make that a factor in your decision.
I thought that Mizzou actually also had a contract/agreement with Arkansas and offered decreased tuition? Or at least it used to? I know at least a couple of vets from Arkansas that went that route.

I have been accepted to both LSU and Missouri for the upcoming class and am having a hard time making a decision between the two. Can any current students or graduates that went to either share their reasons for their choice and what they like/dislike about either school? I would especially like to hear from those who were accepted to both and chose one over the other. Thanks!
4th year at Mizzou. I love our 2 years of classroom and 2 years of clinics. I feel much more confident then I would if I only had a year in clinics. It has only affected me in a good way, and all the jobs I applied to (and got job offers at :)) repeatedly stated how impressive my extra experience was. With our school you can do externships in that 6-8 week summer after 2nd year, which allowed me to do 40 some surgeries and get 4 weeks of "clinics" in before clinics happened in the fall. Our off time (16 weeks, with 10 weeks of electives) is really nice to focus on your interests and to take a break from school.

However, I still recommend going where is cheaper as you will get a great education wherever you go.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

I thought that Mizzou actually also had a contract/agreement with Arkansas and offered decreased tuition? Or at least it used to? I know at least a couple of vets from Arkansas that went that route.
Just checked because I was curious but Arkansas only has contracts with LSU and OKSU and mizzou doesn’t have contracts with any state (prob because you can switch to IS after that first year)

They do! Only 1 spot though, and I am 2nd in line so there is a chance!

Just checked because I was curious but Arkansas only has contracts with LSU and OKSU and mizzou doesn’t have contracts with any state (prob because you can switch to IS after that first year)
There actually is 1 contract spot for Arkansas at Mizzou =)

3A28CA40-9045-4A47-8774-3687CD68D274.png

From Arkansas Department of Higher Education website!

Yeah, I am sad we don't have more peeps from LSU to help chat up the school. Always interesting the gaps in representation on the forum. haha

Agree with choosing the cheaper option as the student is in charge of making the most of their education. Accreditation means you are ensured a good education no matter what. So I definitely agree with whomever stated there really isn't a wrong choice. The time will fly by and you will be out and about in the blink of an eye. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Bizarre that the vmcas website doesn’t list tuskegee or mizzou

I agree. I’ve spoken to Mizzou and Arkansas department of higher ed about the contract seat and was told while they expect funding for the grant that provides the contact seat to be available this year, it’s not guaranteed. Maybe that’s why that don’t list it because funding availability varies year to year.

I agree. I’ve spoken to Mizzou and Arkansas department of higher ed about the contract seat and was told while they expect funding for the grant that provides the contact seat to be available this year, it’s not guaranteed. Maybe that’s why that don’t list it because funding availability varies year to year.
Ahhh that could be

I asked Kathy about that when I interviewed and she said for the past 6 or more years they have consistently had 1 grant available, and before that they had two.

Did they say when they would know if it was available fore sure?

Did they say when they would know if it was available fore sure?

I asked them about it Feb 1st and they said they should know for sure by next month. So I’m thinking I will call again in March to see.