Army Army AEGD Criteria

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armydds416

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently a D1 and in 3 year HPSP program, who is highly interested in doing AEGD in the Army before I serve back my three years. I heard it is pretty competitive to get into AEGD these days. What are the criteria that makes you competitive? From what I know, they heavily look (if not only) into, your GPA, class rank, LOR, and board score (?) rather than extracurricular activities (organization involvement, research, etc.). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I was a board member on this board. Additionally, I looked at letters of recommendation, extracurriculars, letter of intent was a big one too. However, grades and Class Rank were the big ones.

I was a board member on this board. Additionally, I looked at letters of recommendation, extracurriculars, letter of intent was a big one too. However, grades and Class Rank were the big ones.
Thank you for the information! Got one more question for you. Is 1 year Army AEGD program very competitive? I head it was getting more so each year.