Army Basic Office Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milamber

Grand Poomba
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew the start and end dates of the Army Basic Officer Course for the HPSP program this year. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

AMEDD OBC is 16 June - 28 July, report date is 15 June. See you there.
If those are the dates then I'll have to defer it until after my first year. Classes for me begin on 7/26 (a saturday and its mandatory orientation) so the training isn't going to be possible for me. I would have really liked to have gotten it out of the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or you can always go "Sorry school, I have orders to report for this." The stuff covered in the first few days of class are never really all that important. Or, just go next year (either way, you're giving up one of your last summers off).

If those are the dates then I'll have to defer it until after my first year. Classes for me begin on 7/26 (a saturday and its mandatory orientation) so the training isn't going to be possible for me. I would have really liked to have gotten it out of the way.

Or you can ask to leave on the 25th.

Or you can always go "Sorry school, I have orders to report for this."

That isn't the way I would want to start out my 4 years of medical school. IMO, it may be better to go to OBC later on anyway.

How much of that are you going to remember by the time you get to your first ADT rotation? Or how much of it will you really need even while you are on your 3rd/4th year rotations?

Man this is has become an annoying topic for me personally. As some of you know, I am a 4th year PhD clinical psychology student. Originally, we were supposed to attend OBLC from 05AUG-Mid October en route to internship and the beggining of our ADSO. Then we got an email about a week ago explaining a big change for us.

Apparently, the Army recruited too many clinical psychologists this year and has had to split OBLC attendence in two. Those of us who are HPSP and are not doing our internship at BAMC must attend the 16JUN class, which, I understand is being extended 2 weeks to fulfill the length requirement. Those who are not HPSP and are going to BAMC are doing the 05AUG class because of scheduling problems.

So, I made ALL KINDS OF PLANS based on what I was originally told about my OBLC date which I now have to change (Including scheduling my dissertation defense which is supposed to sacrosanct) and there is nothing I can do about it.