Army Blue Class A vs Green Class A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HackFuJones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need a little help with the new uniform transition if anyone knows or is an attending. Given that the Class A Army Greens are going away here pretty soon, do you think it would be an issue if I went on my interviews this summer in the new class A Blue uniform. I really think it would suck to have to spend the money on Greens that will be out of date in a year or so since we dont get a new uniform allowance to purchase anything. As a 4th year Im not exactly rolling in the dough to spend on worthess gear, especially since I already purchased Dress blues for a fellow OBC mates wedding last year and just need to buy a shirt and tie.

Also a second question, does that mean that Class B uniforms can be worn with the new blue pants or will I need to buy green pants.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I need a little help with the new uniform transition if anyone knows or is an attending. Given that the Class A Army Greens are going away here pretty soon, do you think it would be an issue if I went on my interviews this summer in the new class A Blue uniform. I really think it would suck to have to spend the money on Greens that will be out of date in a year or so since we dont get a new uniform allowance to purchase anything. As a 4th year Im not exactly rolling in the dough to spend on worthess gear, especially since I already purchased Dress blues for a fellow OBC mates wedding last year and just need to buy a shirt and tie.

Also a second question, does that mean that Class B uniforms can be worn with the new blue pants or will I need to buy green pants.

thanks

Just to be clear, the three bolded uniforms above are separate and in no way interchangable. Actually, I'm not sure if the dress blue trousers will be identical to the new blue class A trousers. But the old and new Class As will not be interchangable at all (except for the beret).

It would not be good to interview in your dress blues, which you apparently wore to your friend's wedding.

What you want to interview in are Class As, whether they're the green (old) or blue (new) ones doesn't really matter. I didn't even know the new ones were available yet, but if they are then you would definitely save some money by not having to purchase the old, green uniform.

The ASU (slightly altered dress blues) has not officially replaced the Class A (greens) yet. It supposedly will happen at some point, but has not yet. Sign up for the Marlow White newsletter and watch your AKO e-mail for updates. Until the official transition takes place, I'm afraid the most appropriate uniform to wear for interviews, is the Class A (greens). The greens are discounted on Marlow White and probably at the PX, also. Good luck.