Army GME Slideshow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyHPSP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are the Army stats from last year

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Medical Education Annual Update- 23 March 2018.pdf
    496.3 KB · Views: 1,041
Isn't it strange how there's a single bullet point saying "apply for PGY-2 match" in all this data? Especially given the number of specialties with more than one applicant per position. But don't worry, the Army would always be more than happy to put you in a prev med/occ health residency!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange how there's a single bullet point saying "apply for PGY-2 match" in all this data? Especially given the number of specialties with more than one applicant per position. But don't worry, the Army would always be more than happy to put you in a prev med/occ health residency!

What is your estimate for PGY-2 numbers?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your estimate for PGY-2 numbers?
There's 0 data available. No clue. Some good anecdotes, more bad anecdotes. Among the people I know, it's about 50/50 for matching with a range from people matching Derm to people missing on Urology, which didn't fill. God help you if you're more than 3 years out, because anywhere you interviewed at has completely changed their staff. All the folks I know who matched were less than a year out of internship.

There's 0 data available. No clue. Some good anecdotes, more bad anecdotes. Among the people I know, it's about 50/50 for matching with a range from people matching Derm to people missing on Urology, which didn't fill. God help you if you're more than 3 years out, because anywhere you interviewed at has completely changed their staff. All the folks I know who matched were less than a year out of internship.

I know several folks who were 3 years out when they matched last year into FM

I know several folks who were 3 years out when they matched last year into FM
By choice? did they actually match military?

Figure I would fulfill my obligation, then match civ family residency if that was my situation

Does anyone know why there are no numbers for 4/5 of the years for applicants to radonc? I’m curious if there were no applicants or if there were no slots?

Reactions: 1 user