Nov 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how competitive the Army HPSP is and whether being an early acceptance student would hinder my chances. I'm matriculating to LECOM next Fall because I finished the program in 2 years (sophomore undegrad) instead of the 3 (3+4 EAP program). I don't have to take the MCAT and my GPA is around a 3.67.

Sep 11, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how competitive the Army HPSP is and whether being an early acceptance student would hinder my chances. I'm matriculating to LECOM next Fall because I finished the program in 2 years (sophomore undegrad) instead of the 3 (3+4 EAP program). I don't have to take the MCAT and my GPA is around a 3.67.
From my research of the HPSP program, it requires an MCAT score, but since you have an acceptance it might be waived? Your best bet is probably to reach out to your local Army health professions recruiter to see if you are eligible and if they make exceptions for those that did not have to take the MCAT.

Nov 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
From my research of the HPSP program, it requires an MCAT score, but since you have an acceptance it might be waived? Your best bet is probably to reach out to your local Army health professions recruiter to see if you are eligible and if they make exceptions for those that did not have to take the MCAT.
Yeah, I've reached to a recruiter and he's trying to obtain a MAC waiver. I just wonder how competitive it is to obtain an acceptance of the Army HPSP. I'm going to be able to get my application done in time for the boards in February, but I'm one of those people that tend to worry a lot.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads