Army HSPS scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marydwayna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone participating in the army HSPS dental scholarship? And if so how do you like it? Do you feel it is worth it in the long run?

Members don't see this ad.

I was a 4-year HPSP all through school. In my opinion it was the best decision of my life. I went to USC so tuition was stupid expensive and I would have been so stressed about finanaces if I had to pay for it in loans. With HPSP I was able to focus completely on school, which helped a ton.

Now, I work at Ft. Bragg in North Carolina as a general dentist and I'm loving it. Work is fun, patients are the most thankful you will find, and I am able to run my operatory as a mini-practice. I have funds to buy whatever materials I want and can do whatever type of restoration I desire. If you get the opportunity to do an HPSP do it!!

I forgot to add, I'm working less hours than my classmates and getting paid well. Granted, that will shift in a few years, but by then my contract will be done with the Army and I can either stay in or get out and make more money.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll answer them the best that I can.

Reactions: 1 user
I was a 4-year HPSP all through school. In my opinion it was the best decision of my life. I went to USC so tuition was stupid expensive and I would have been so stressed about finanaces if I had to pay for it in loans. With HPSP I was able to focus completely on school, which helped a ton.

Now, I work at Ft. Bragg in North Carolina as a general dentist and I'm loving it. Work is fun, patients are the most thankful you will find, and I am able to run my operatory as a mini-practice. I have funds to buy whatever materials I want and can do whatever type of restoration I desire. If you get the opportunity to do an HPSP do it!!

I forgot to add, I'm working less hours than my classmates and getting paid well. Granted, that will shift in a few years, but by then my contract will be done with the Army and I can either stay in or get out and make more money.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll answer them the best that I can.

Hello,
where can we find info about HSPS,and how long is your contract with army?
Enjoy your work.