Army Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Army Captain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The United States Army offers a 13 month residency at one of five locations to include Hawaii, Seattle, Washington, San Antonio, Texas, Augusta, Georgia, and Washington DC. Interested in learning more information?

Members don't see this ad.

Army Captain said:
The United States Army offers a 13 month residency at one of five locations to include Hawaii, Seattle, Washington, San Antonio, Texas, Augusta, Georgia, and Washington DC. Interested in learning more information?

I definitely am!!!

Army Captain said:

ME TOO!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Army Captain said:
I also am interested to know more. My father served 20 years in the marines and army reserves and I would like to serve my country for a part of my life.

Army Captain said:

I wish I wasn't such a wimp. I would love to serve my country AND practice my chosen profession. But.. I am a wimp! :D

Army Captain said:

who contact?

The Army currently offers five American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited Pharmacy Residency programs at select locations in the United States. These residency programs are in the area of pharmacy administration, nuclear pharmacy, oncology pharmacy, and pharmacy practice. The goal of all Army pharmacy residency programs is to develop highly competent pharmacists who can function effectively in a myriad of clinical/management environment.

RESIDENCY LOCATIONS

Residency programs are located at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington D.C., Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, Dwight Daivd Eisenhower Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia, Madigan Army Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, and Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas. All of the programs are accredited by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists.

ARMY PHARMACY AND THE MEDICAL DEPARTMENT

Upon completion of the residency training year, Army pharmacists work as members of the Army Medical Department (AMEDD) in collaboration with many other health care disciplines. The AMEDD represents the largest comprehensive system of health care delivery in the United States. Within one centrally directed system, patient care, preventive medicine, research, education, and administration are coordinated to provide a unified system of health care for over nine million people. In addition, Army pharmacists perform a variety of roles in support of the AMEDD including research, teaching, and administrative staff officer functions.

SERVICE OBLIGATION

The total active duty tour to include the 12-month training program is 48 months. Participation in the internship will not reduce any unfulfilled active duty obligation which exists prior to entry into the program, such as that derived through participation in the Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarship Program.

ELIGIBILITY

For appointment with concurrent call to active duty an applicant must:

- Be a graduate of a school of Pharmacy or be within six months of graduation

- Have a current license to practice pharmacy in the United States

- Be a US citizen, or, if an alien, have a permanent immigrant visa

- Meet eligibility requirements, to include medical fitness and security requirements, for appointment as an officer in the Medical Service Corps (MSC), United States Army Reserve (USAR).

For additional information, please do not hesitate to contact CPT Christopher Cheagle at 877-384-5372 or through e-mail at [email protected]

I wish I wasn't such a wimp. I would love to serve my country AND practice my chosen profession. But.. I am a wimp! :D

lol.. So, you readily admit that you are a wimp. I doubt seriously that you are. Courage comes in many forms. It took courage to enroll in pharmacy school and learn about your profession. Practicing pharmacy in the Army will mirror some of the opportunities that are available to you as a civilian. You'll be able to work in pharmacy practice, pharmacy administration, etc. If you decide that you want to challenge yourself, you may want to attend one of our dynamic challenging military schools such as airborne, EFMB or air assault. Don't dismiss this opportunity. Contact me for more information and I will demonstrate and inform you of how you can serve your country and practice your chosen profession.