Army vs. Navy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPGator3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone give me a quick pro/con list for Army and Navy? I'm having some trouble deciding between the two.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Could someone give me a quick pro/con list for Army and Navy? I'm having some trouble deciding between the two.
Thanks.

First the disclaimer -- This is coming from an old Air Force guy but...

The Navy has much better base locations and much better over seas service locations. Rota Spain and Naples Italy sure beats out Camp Humphreys in South Korea or any place in Iraq.

Thanks.

Check out old posts. several things to consider are:

1) locations of bases
2) specialty opportunities
a) when can you start i.e. how far into your career - out of school, 3 yrs out, etc...
b) How competative i.e how competative # of spots, # of applicants, etc...

Ultimately it will be in your best interest to check out some clinics in the services you are interested in.

I think one of the requirements for the navy is that you have to have your bikini line waxed from time to time. Because of that, I joined the army instead.

Kidding aside, krmower gives the best advice. On top of that, talk to as *many* navy and army dentists you can to get their input. Especially get the input of the dentists who *hate* the military and see if their gripes are legit or not, and cross check that with people you trust. That way you can weed out the good info from the bad.