Army????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skim2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys?
I recently joined SDN..
Here's my question.
I was going to join an Armyor Air force in order to receive finacial support. Anyone know about those fields and how much benefits? obligations?
Also I heard there are another wasy to get a scholarship through Army reserve? Anyone know about this??

Your inputs will be appreciated..

Members don't see this ad.

This is how I understand the army thing. They will pay for your tuition plus 1000/month stipend for living expenses. You have to give them 1 year for every year they finance, I believe. You will start out as a captain (O3) after dental school but you will recieve essentially majors (O4) pay because of all the bonuses for being in the health profession. I may be wrong but that is how I understand it. Hope I could be of some help. By the way this is the way I plan on financing school, you just can't beat being free and clear only four years after graduating. Plus you don't have to pay for any insurance, and all your patient base is already there.

im not sure about the army but the navy and airforce are commpetitive scholarships. and the airforce will only accept you after your first year so you get money for three years but you must serve four. if you looking for ways to pay for school you might want to consider the national health service corps or the public health service. the public health service has a program where you can try it out for a few weeks or months with pay no strings attached.

Thank you all for your effort..