Army????????????//

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EAK27

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone given serious thought to Army scholarships??? if you have any info it would be appreciated!!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently in the army. I would not apply for a scholarship b/c I don't really like it. It is more than just a job. If you want to be a dentist without the "extra" things involved with an army lifestyle and you "need" the loan repayment (there are many other ways to get your school paid for other than this mainstream military approach) then go into the air force. That is just my opinion. I say again, cheers to all those who love the army, i don't know where we would be without them. It is just not for me.

what does the airforce offer as far as loan repayment?

Members don't see this ad :)
acrunner-

what kind of insights can you provide as far as military scholarships? i am currently in the process of applying to the army, navy, and airforce and from what i'm hearing - it just sounds too good to be true. and we all know that anything that sounds that great.......can't be. how has your experience been like? you can pm me if you wish. thanks in advance!

arby

im interested in hearing what you have to say also, can you fill me in too!

agutier3

would you please just post what i pmed you.
thanks

agutier3 i got it.

hey there,
my experience started out kind of ruff. i felt like i worked way too hard in school for what i was doing. i graduated with a 3.7 in bio and was doing a job that just required you graduate with a minimal in baking and a 2.0. kind of stunk. however, looking back on it i really learned a lot and i think it set me apart from other applicants. if you go army you should just be prepared. you could come in and within 3 months be sitting in korea seeing lots of patients, at fort lee virginia seeing lots of patients, or in the dessert of kuwait not seeing many patients b/c they are all too busy getting ready to fight a war. i think you would be better off if you are a family person going with the air force. they are much more in tune with there folks and the quality of life is traditionally higher. army folks know this and they are proud of the fact that their living conditions are not as good, personnel issues aren't listened to as intently, and they sacrifice more in the long run. if this is for you, then go for it. we need people like that.
i will be looking into state loan repayment options. there are many out there. don't forget about those underserved areas right in your backyard.