You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Aromatase inhibitors in male patients?
Started by JerryPharmD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No, but i've seen 5-alpha reductase inhibitors in women
A 40ish male patient picked up a refill for an aromatase inhibitor. I've never seen a male patient on them. A quick search shows uses for prostate cancer and infertility.
Anyone see these used in males?
Precocious puberty in males
Infertility in males from testosterone:estrogen ratio imbalances
Any disease giving too much estrogen - estrogen secreting tumors , adrenal hyperplasia
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Precocious puberty in males
Infertility in males from testosterone:estrogen ratio imbalances
Any disease giving too much estrogen - estrogen secreting tumors , adrenal hyperplasia
I've also seen it used in conjunction with growth hormone in males. It's off label, and infrequently used.
The dude is injecting steroids. He doesn't want the man tits.
The dude is injecting steroids. He doesn't want the man tits.
That could be a possibility too (though I seriously doubt it WVU)... A lot of people on anabolic steroids have to take an aromatase inhibitor to prevent gynecomastia.
I don't doubt it. There were two dudes in my pharmacy class who where taking tamoxifen (receptor blocker) while injecting the juice. Steroid use is pretty damn high among the early-mid 20s perpetual bachelor type. I don't have to look good because I'm married....she's stuck with me.
Why would someone risk their health just to look buff (which doesn't necessarily equal beauty)?
if someone took steroids couldn't they also take a statin and something for blood pressure? This has to be what the pro level guys do.
now a guy in my class has been asking - even called Pfizer- and hasn't gotten a solid answer.
So he's taking Lipitor. And works out heavily. And noticed he isn't building muscle as fast as he used to (which is where I crack an old man joke). He was wondering if a HMGCoA-Reductase Inhibitor will inhibit the production of steroids, ie: testosterone, while preventing the synthesis of cholesterol? theories?
So he's taking Lipitor. And works out heavily. And noticed he isn't building muscle as fast as he used to (which is where I crack an old man joke). He was wondering if a HMGCoA-Reductase Inhibitor will inhibit the production of steroids, ie: testosterone, while preventing the synthesis of cholesterol? theories?
Now THAT is interesting. Testosterone is synthesized FROM cholesterol...
I found me a picture!!!
Just tell him to start injecting exogenous testosterone. Problem solved.
Oh...wait....that's illegal....unless you can find a good quack....
Oh...wait....that's illegal....unless you can find a good quack....
now a guy in my class has been asking - even called Pfizer- and hasn't gotten a solid answer.
So he's taking Lipitor. And works out heavily. And noticed he isn't building muscle as fast as he used to (which is where I crack an old man joke). He was wondering if a HMGCoA-Reductase Inhibitor will inhibit the production of steroids, ie: testosterone, while preventing the synthesis of cholesterol? theories?
well there is rhabdo which might inhibit it. But I don't think the low cholesterol would unless maybe he is really low. At my last rotation there was guy there who had an LDL of 1.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got to thinking about this....ain't LDL the one that takes the cholesterol from the liver to the periphery and HDL the one that takes it from the periphery to the liver? (Hence HDL is "good" amnd LDL is "bad) So I'd assume that LDL is what delivers the cholesterol to the testes as substrate for testosterone synthesis? I don't know that much molecular biochemistry...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 443
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 568