Arrival time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walcrawl12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm taking the april 12th exam, and I was wondering about what time you are supposed to be there, I know it says the test starts at 12, does that mean I should get there an hour early or so?!? Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely at LEAST an hour. Better safe than sorry. When I went to take my test I showed up at the test center to find that it had moved ACROSS TOWN! So myself and two other people raced across town. Moral- build in a good time cushion. You can alway sit in your car and study some more or just space out with some music

I recommend the second. :luck:

For the April 7th test we were supposed to be at the test center half an hour before the start time. However if you have the time, it certainly wouldn't hurt to get there an hour early (although it's not necessary). They started checking people in early at my test center, and I even got started about 10 minutes before the official start time.

i took the april 7th mcat (8am test). i got there at 6:50 am, and was the first one there. I got to start at 7:20 am, and finished about 12:30pm.

i highly recommend getting there early. if not, while you're doing verbal, others are already on their writing section... and it can be very hard to concentrate when all you can hear is typing noises :)

i got there at 7 20, got started at 7:40 got done by 12:15

its better to go early because you get through your verbal before anyone starts typing. typing didn't really bother me on the BS section because i was less pressed for time