1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Arrival time

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by walcrawl12, Apr 8, 2007.

1. walcrawl12

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys I'm taking the april 12th exam, and I was wondering about what time you are supposed to be there, I know it says the test starts at 12, does that mean I should get there an hour early or so?!? Thanks!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mongrel

mongrel Assoc. Prof. Dogsuit
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Definitely at LEAST an hour. Better safe than sorry. When I went to take my test I showed up at the test center to find that it had moved ACROSS TOWN! So myself and two other people raced across town. Moral- build in a good time cushion. You can alway sit in your car and study some more or just space out with some music

I recommend the second. :luck:

4. ParvatiP

ParvatiP Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    For the April 7th test we were supposed to be at the test center half an hour before the start time. However if you have the time, it certainly wouldn't hurt to get there an hour early (although it's not necessary). They started checking people in early at my test center, and I even got started about 10 minutes before the official start time.

5. DrGoofy

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    i took the april 7th mcat (8am test). i got there at 6:50 am, and was the first one there. I got to start at 7:20 am, and finished about 12:30pm.

i highly recommend getting there early. if not, while you're doing verbal, others are already on their writing section... and it can be very hard to concentrate when all you can hear is typing noises :)

6. killinsound

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i got there at 7 20, got started at 7:40 got done by 12:15

its better to go early because you get through your verbal before anyone starts typing. typing didn't really bother me on the BS section because i was less pressed for time