Arrogant pediatricians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fancypants

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Patient autonomy is becoming an integral part of most areas of modern medicine...except for the field of pediatrics. I think this video illustrates the unparalleled hubris and arrogance of pediatricians who still refuse to acknowledge their patients' input.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OETJFrpnwZc [/youtube]

When was the last time that you sat down with a patient and got their informed consent for a newborn screening test? ("Do you want to be screened for PKU? Pee on my right shoe for 'yes' and my left shoe for 'no'".) Have you ever bothered to let your patients decide whether they want to treat their type I DM with insulin or "ice cream and SpongBob snuggly blanket"? Do you not respect your patients' intelligence, their feelings, thier SpongeBob snuggly blanket? For shame, all of you.

PS: Congratulations to everyone who matched! Remember to respect your patients' autonomy next year...it'll probably mean a lot less work for you.

Attending: "Any new admissions last night?"
Intern: "No they all left AMA"

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Attending: "Any new admissions last night?"
Intern: "No they all left AMA"

Would that work?? i'm sensing some good on call nights coming soon! haha... nice post fancypants!