Article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, the author's don't describe the actual technique!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, the author's don't describe the actual technique!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
The actual technique of threading (e.g. ramrodding!) a cylindrical SCS lead through a prior surgery site.
Pretty gutsy.
My understanding is that the vast majority of docs out there would not attempt this as the epidural space is often obliterated by these posterior surgeries.

Anyone have pdf access to this Cohen article? Medial Branch Blocks or Intra-Articular Injections as a Prognostic Tool before Lumbar Facet Radiofrequency Denervation: A Multicenter, Case-Control Study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26066382). Thanks!

Got it! Thanks!

Last edited:
Ironically the other pain doc I work with is trying this on a T12 SCI patient today. He has complete transection of the cord at T11-12 with extensive posterior instrumentation. No idea how he's going to get the leads in above the conus.... will be entertaining to see

Reactions: 1 user