You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
As a pre-vet I have...
Started by cyrille104
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LMAO!!!
P.S. Who's Whitney, by the way??
P.S. Who's Whitney, by the way??LMAO!!!P.S. Who's Whitney, by the way??
OMG Whitney Houston! Her bathroom is a hot mess:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems you left off a choice or two, that the pre-allo folks had.... for example, "Hired an underage prositute of the same sex."
<-- clearly a VERY booring person since very few of these apply... 😴
<-- clearly a VERY booring person since very few of these apply... 😴
OMG Whitney Houston! Her bathroom is a hot mess
hot mess indeed! (wearing a black visor and neon green shirt) KISS MY ASS!!
Talk Soup, anyone?
I haven't applied to Vet school yet (Im finishing my junior year now so will be this time) so Im not sure how much this will affect my chances but I was arrested my freshman year of college. I was one of those guys in high school who did good in his classes and had my set of friends but wasn't overly involved in anything. When I got to UF I decided Id change things and get really active. I joined a fraternity and as part of our pledge process 5 of us had to go over to FSU (our big rival) and complete a scavenger hunt. One of the things on the hunt involved peeing on their football fields 50 yard line and taking a picture. I knew it was a bad idea but I wanted in the fraternity so I stood lookout while the other 4 went in to do it. We all got caught, got arrested for disorderly conduct and what not. It sucked, I should never have gone against my better judgement but I did. Since then I've been working to make up for it with my other stats because I know its not going to look good on my application even though I got it expunged.
peeing on their football fields 50 yard line and taking a picture.
LOL
It seems you left off a choice or two, that the pre-allo folks had.... for example, "Hired an underage prositute of the same sex."![]()
<-- clearly a VERY booring person since very few of these apply... 😴
Yeah, in light of recent threads I didn't think it would make a difference if it were the same sex (they seem to be implying on the pre-allo board that it's more scandalous if it's the same sex)
I haven't applied to Vet school yet (Im finishing my junior year now so will be this time) so Im not sure how much this will affect my chances but I was arrested my freshman year of college. I was one of those guys in high school who did good in his classes and had my set of friends but wasn't overly involved in anything. When I got to UF I decided Id change things and get really active. I joined a fraternity and as part of our pledge process 5 of us had to go over to FSU (our big rival) and complete a scavenger hunt. One of the things on the hunt involved peeing on their football fields 50 yard line and taking a picture. I knew it was a bad idea but I wanted in the fraternity so I stood lookout while the other 4 went in to do it. We all got caught, got arrested for disorderly conduct and what not. It sucked, I should never have gone against my better judgement but I did. Since then I've been working to make up for it with my other stats because I know its not going to look good on my application even though I got it expunged.
Haha, I think you'll be ok...peeing on a football field? Just explain what you learned from the experience, it probably won't make much of a difference, especially if it was freshman year. It's not like you got arrested for armed robbery.
. . . I know its not going to look good on my application even though I got it expunged.
If you had it expunged off of your record then why would you report it on your application?
If you had it expunged off of your record then why would you report it on your application?
Because unfortunately getting arrested apparently causes you university to take interest which then gives you community service and a seminar on "Making ethical decisions" =P. I believe the application asks if you've ever been disciplined by your university so I have to put that.
woah, that drunk driving bit is scary. especially because i would assume that it's a lower proportion of vet students than the general population.
I was thinking that, too. I've freebased in Whitney's bathroom but still haven't driven drunk.
A lot of college students drive drunk. In fact at UF when we won the basketball National championship a drunk kid went out to celebrate, hit and killed a police officer. Its unfortunate but sometimes people do dumb things in college as I can attest to. (Though ive never driven drunk).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, in light of recent threads I didn't think it would make a difference if it were the same sex (they seem to be implying on the pre-allo board that it's more scandalous if it's the same sex)
Makes sense.
👍
In Highschool, which wasnt so long ago, my class Valedictorian was one of the biggest pot smokers in the school. He was also one of the top debaters in the country, very respectful and proper and in no way would you know he smoked unless you were friends with him. He went on to Harvard so just goes to show you smokers come in all shapes and brain sizes!
I am suprised with the amount of people that smoke week, some of the people that have posted there 3.9 gpa's, I couldnt imagine.
How can you tell who answered the poll? I'd like to know who spent time in the Thai prison
!!![]()
![]()
![]()
hot mess indeed! (wearing a black visor and neon green shirt) KISS MY ASS!!
Talk Soup, anyone?
Love that show! 😍
How can you tell who answered the poll? I'd like to know who spent time in the Thai prison!!
This would be a mess if it weren't anonymous...besides, no one would answer.
I am suprised with the amount of people that smoke weed, some of the people that have posted there 3.9 gpa's, I couldnt imagine.
Lots of people smoke weed...I'm not a big smoker myself, but a lot of people I know (including smart people) went through a phase where they smoked a LOT.
I thought pretty much everyone tried pot at least once...no?
I thought pretty much everyone tried pot at least once...no?
Yeah, but I didn't inhale.
😛
I can honestly say that I have never smoked weed. It was one of those things that I never had a desire to do. Now...drinking was another story🙂 I don't remember much about my first semester of college.
I don't really see smoking pot as any worse than underage drinking. It's just one of those illegal things that everyone sneaks around anyway, and neither of them directly harm anyone. Unless done in excess...in which case the alcohol is worse for you, haha.
Lots of people smoke weed...I'm not a big smoker myself, but a lot of people I know (including smart people) went through a phase where they smoked a LOT.
I thought pretty much everyone tried pot at least once...no?
I guess your correct, but its crazy that as much people that puked from drinking have smoked pot, it is an illegal drug and if caught with it there are far harsher punishments then with a beer.
I guess your correct, but its crazy that as much people that puked from drinking have smoked pot, it is an illegal drug and if caught with it there are far harsher punishments then with a beer.
Well, there are harsher punishments in some states. But others just have a medical ailment and you can have a medical card. I guess that could be an additional reason to apply to west coast vet schools (Ha, ha). And I have to say that I've known alot more mean drunks than mean pot heads.

And I have to say that I've known alot more mean drunks than mean pot heads.![]()
totally concur 🙂
i'm from seattle, came of age in the grunge era, and spend a lot of time backpacking. not hard to guess that the healing herb would be my choice over the porceline shrine any day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Evidently I'm a boring, boring person! Only could vote for one, and it wasn't even a scandalous one.
Guess I need to make this last summer a blast. Use this poll as a to do list? 😀
Guess I need to make this last summer a blast. Use this poll as a to do list? 😀
Me too. I have never
due to drinking alcohol, not once. I know where my limit is. Plus, I'm scared if I did, I'd have that taste adversion and never drink again. That would suck!! 😀
due to drinking alcohol, not once. I know where my limit is. Plus, I'm scared if I did, I'd have that taste adversion and never drink again. That would suck!! 😀Me too. I have neverdue to drinking alcohol, not once. I know where my limit is. Plus, I'm scared if I did, I'd have that taste adversion and never drink again. That would suck!! 😀
Erm yeah - that's me. Got very, very, very sick on my 21st. Many months later and I get sick at the mere smell of any type of alcohol. Oh well, not a big deal to me anyway. 2nd on my list of food that now makes me ill.
![]()
![]()
![]()
hot mess indeed! (wearing a black visor and neon green shirt) KISS MY ASS!!
Talk Soup, anyone?
Oh my god I just laughed out loud in the library when I saw that
talk soup classic
you forgot the Britney "huh?" first lol
I LOVE this!!! And, for those of you who feel bad that you weren't able to check any boxes, I feel bad for checking as many as I did!! 

i didnt check anything either. but i knew i was boring. i dont even drink! lol.
i have a friend who was convicted of a felony and do you think that he wouldnt get into veterinary school? since getting out of jail he's done a great job at school (4.0) and really wants to be a vet. anyway, thanks if you reply! 🙂
i have a friend who was convicted of a felony and do you think that he wouldnt get into veterinary school? since getting out of jail he's done a great job at school (4.0) and really wants to be a vet. anyway, thanks if you reply! 🙂
That makes two of us!! Yay for 100% sober peoplei dont even drink! lol.

And Yay for people who deal with stress in inappropriate ways and for people who celebrate in inappropriate ways!! I blame my addictive personality parents for all of my debauchery and drinking. Ah hell, I can't blame them for all of it because I actually enjoyed a few too many of my drunken escapades. I just like to think of it as stories that I can share with my future children to prove to them that I'm not too out of it.
Is anyone else really suprised by all the drunk drivers?
i didnt check anything either. but i knew i was boring. i dont even drink! lol.
i guess i'm the 4th!!! 🙂 i don't drink either
Is anyone else really suprised by all the drunk drivers?
I'm not. And I'm not surprised about marijuana. The only one that bothered me some was the 20% that had cheated on an exam.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
God, does no one drop acid in college anymore? I feel so old.
and what about 'shrooms. is that out of fashion now too?
I'm not. And I'm not surprised about marijuana. The only one that bothered me some was the 20% that had cheated on an exam.
Agreed.
I'm not. And I'm not surprised about marijuana. The only one that bothered me some was the 20% that had cheated on an exam.
so people cheating on an exam bothers you more than people drunk driving...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 443