As a reapplicant, is it okay to use the same LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r8 dds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I did. Three of the four that is. The 4th one was my Dentist's and obviously after working with her for another year the letter was much stronger. Didn't hurt me, have been accepted to two schools.

If you plan to apply for UDM, then I will say NO! They will ask you new LORs. I already asked new biology professors for their LORs after I got a letter from UDM.
Hope this helps you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder what's the point of asking for new LOR if it's going to be weaker.
There isn't really that many students who keep in touch with professors who taught you 2~4 yrs ago. My professors all forgot about me or my name :(

I wonder what's the point of asking for new LOR if it's going to be weaker.
There isn't really that many students who keep in touch with professors who taught you 2~4 yrs ago. My professors all forgot about me or my name :(

that's your job to stay in contact with the professors.

Old letters won't hurt if you are applying to different schools the second time, but like the other poster mentioned schools such as UDM will not accept old letters. The schools that declined your application wants to see improvements in all areas if possible.

Thanks for the reply guys. My school has a file that collects all the LOE's, kinda like a committee letter. So if I were to apply next year (assuming I won't get in this year *knock on wood*), I would ask them to send those same LOE's to aadsas for the next cycle. Like joonkimdds said, I haven't really kept in touch with my evaluators; only through email once in a blue moon. :rolleyes:

that's your job to stay in contact with the professors.

Old letters won't hurt if you are applying to different schools the second time, but like the other poster mentioned schools such as UDM will not accept old letters. The schools that declined your application wants to see improvements in all areas if possible.

I guess I would have to ask for stronger LOEs!

No you know what? If you have a committee letter like most of us, then just have a different committee member write another letter based on the same LORs and you'll be set.