As Winter Comes To A Close

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's only appropriate to finish the season like we started it.

Velocity Peak
IMG_5288.jpg

Wife dropping in, and yes Jet she is in the air here with some big rock cliffs below.:eek:
IMG_5303.jpg

The easy walk up.
IMG_5286.jpg

My buddy ripping.
IMG_5337.jpg

Until next year.

Members don't see this ad.

awesome pics. Love the first pic with the perfect bowl, so many places to drop in. very nice, IIRC you're in the San Juans?? I've heard a lot about the backcountry there but have never made it that way, we usually stay in summit county. The seasons been over for a while here in southern california, it was 95 today and I was looking over at San Gorgonio (11500) at the last bits of snow still on some of the chutes... bummer.

Oh well, I keep skating, and hopefully we'll get some good swells this summer at the ocean. Winter will come again soon enough. :thumbup:

Great!!! This fking doctors have it all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Note to self: move to Colorado.

Wow, that is some nice terrain there.

Is that one of those fancy-pants Lib Techs with rocker your friend is on? If it is, how does it ride? Thinking about getting one of those for next year for in-bounds days.

Note to self: move to Colorado.

Wow, that is some nice terrain there.

Is that one of those fancy-pants Lib Techs with rocker your friend is on? If it is, how does it ride? Thinking about getting one of those for next year for in-bounds days.

Yep, thats a Lib Tech. The guy riding the Lib is the local snowboard shop owner. He has us all on Lib's. I'm riding next years TRS series 159 with banana (rocker), magna traction in a mustache design. The Mustache tilts down again on the ends to stabilize the board at speed on hard pack. This is the best board I've riding. There was very little "getting accustomed to it". I jumped on it and could really feel it work right away.
The mustache design is next years addition.

Nice. Gotta get me one of those. It's high time my current board retired to backup duty as a rock board.

Any opinion on the Prior AMF split with rocker? http://www.priorsnowboards.com/boards_amf_splitboard.php

Where in that bowl does that bootpack put you? God those lines are tantalizing.

I have no knowledge of the Prior Split with rocker.

The boot pack takes you to the skiers left of the bowl. you can access the bowl with a chopper for $150 a ride. The rest of the area is just the same so we usually just skin to similar bowls. The San Juan's are some of the most avalanche prone mountains in all of north america. Bowls like you see in that pic are very dangerous around here. We ride them when conditions are welded. Otherwise, we ride narrower chutes with run outs and tree runs. The big open stuff slides like crazy but is still a blast. A good group of experienced backcountry skiers is mandatory here. CPR skills are a must as well.

Noy,

Have you ridden the Travis Rice model with Banana? It seems similar to the TRS but geared a little more all-mountain/backcounty riding than the TRS which has a park emphasis. Strongly considering one of these two as my next board.

P.S. Did you ever make that trip down to Puerto Escondido?

Noy,

Have you ridden the Travis Rice model with Banana? It seems similar to the TRS but geared a little more all-mountain/backcounty riding than the TRS which has a park emphasis. Strongly considering one of these two as my next board.

P.S. Did you ever make that trip down to Puerto Escondido?

Yes I have ridden the TRice. It is nice. Thats one in the 4th pic that my buddy is on. We switch boards from time to time. The difference is very subtle. I ride the TRS BTX. There is also a TRS MTX w/c is supposed to be more freeride geared. The BTX is geared to everything, park, pipe, freeride and on and on. The Trice is more like the MTX. After all that, I can't say I prefer one over the other. They all ride very similar and the specs are identical btw the MTX and BTX. The Trice is slightly stiffer which I can feel but I thought my BTX was more stable at speed. But it was very negligible. We were hauling ass, about 40mph in Telluride on a hard pack day and I like my BTX better but it could have been my stance that I liked better.
If you are interested, here are the specs:
http://www.lib-tech.com/snowboards/0809_specs.pdf

Haven't made it to Puerto yet. Still working on it. t's a toss up btw there or Snowboarding in Argentina. Can't really go wrong IMO.

Thanks Noy. All I can say is that you are currently living my dream.

Any of you mountain bike? As soon as I get my cannondale worked on I am going to hit some single track.

man I miss biking. and wilderness. The midwest is nice, but mountains and snow are much, much, much better. Kudos, Noy, for living in such an amazing place with a great job.

That's absolutely beautiful land Noyac. I am a decent rider, but those trails are pretty intimidating. I can't ride all year long in Ohio, and I have to go to Pennsylvania to hit some really good trails.

Good Lord, man. The chances of me becoming permanently disabled if I tried that probably approach 100%. Rocks seem less forgiving than snow. Hence the body armor, I guess. Looks frigging fun though.

My summer exercise has come mostly in the form of hiking, though I've been thinking about getting a stand up paddleboard to mess around with. One of the craziest things I've ever seen was Kainoa McGee pulling into a 12 foot (Hawaiian size) barrel at Pipe on one of these things. (Random googled SUP pic below).

6a00e5519ea7d28834011168a3f77d970c-800wi