ASA: student vs. resident membership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ThinkFast007

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
out of curiosity...

is there a difference besides the obvious for a student vs. resident membership?

i ask this cuz i know students only have to pay $10...i'm not sure wht a resdient has to pay. I dont think my program pays for the membership. So...I figure i give the 10 bucks and I'm set for another year.

anyone have anythign else to add?
 
ThinkFast007 said:
out of curiosity...

is there a difference besides the obvious for a student vs. resident membership?

i ask this cuz i know students only have to pay $10...i'm not sure wht a resdient has to pay. I dont think my program pays for the membership. So...I figure i give the 10 bucks and I'm set for another year.

anyone have anythign else to add?


I think some programs pay for it. I don't know if mine does. By the way, after my generous :laugh: $200 donation to the ASAPAC they sent me a lapel pin. I wonder if it would be uncool to wear it at work :laugh:
 
toughlife said:
I think some programs pay for it. I don't know if mine does. By the way, after my generous :laugh: $200 donation to the ASAPAC they sent me a lapel pin. I wonder if it would be uncool to wear it at work :laugh:
nice

dude wear that bad boy. question is...will those guys actually help lobby for us! some serious policy change in terms of autonomy issues and such w/ CRNAs. i dont get why everyone talks about it 'under the table' but cant discuss it in quorum. tough we need to get on that board man.


i recently donated to it...didnt get my pin !! hahhaha :laugh:

i think i'll wear my pin on my scrubs 👍 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ThinkFast007 said:
i ask this cuz i know students only have to pay $10...i'm not sure wht a resdient has to pay. I dont think my program pays for the membership. So...I figure i give the 10 bucks and I'm set for another year.

Looks like resident membership is $25/yr. I think your student membership will run to January of your intern year.

http://www.asahq.org/joinASA.htm
 
Andy15430 said:
Looks like resident membership is $25/yr. I think your student membership will run to January of your intern year.

http://www.asahq.org/joinASA.htm
where do you get the idea that it will only run until january of intern year? everything i read shows that it's for one year. meaning that if i renew now, then i'm good until April of my intern year....
 
You might be right...I was thinking they renew everyone at the same time because med student memberships are only $5 after June 30th each year. This makes me think that they re-up everyone in January.