ASA: student vs. resident membership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity...

is there a difference besides the obvious for a student vs. resident membership?

i ask this cuz i know students only have to pay $10...i'm not sure wht a resdient has to pay. I dont think my program pays for the membership. So...I figure i give the 10 bucks and I'm set for another year.

anyone have anythign else to add?

Members don't see this ad.

ThinkFast007 said:
out of curiosity...

is there a difference besides the obvious for a student vs. resident membership?

i ask this cuz i know students only have to pay $10...i'm not sure wht a resdient has to pay. I dont think my program pays for the membership. So...I figure i give the 10 bucks and I'm set for another year.

anyone have anythign else to add?

I think some programs pay for it. I don't know if mine does. By the way, after my generous :laugh: $200 donation to the ASAPAC they sent me a lapel pin. I wonder if it would be uncool to wear it at work :laugh:

toughlife said:
I think some programs pay for it. I don't know if mine does. By the way, after my generous :laugh: $200 donation to the ASAPAC they sent me a lapel pin. I wonder if it would be uncool to wear it at work :laugh:
nice

dude wear that bad boy. question is...will those guys actually help lobby for us! some serious policy change in terms of autonomy issues and such w/ CRNAs. i dont get why everyone talks about it 'under the table' but cant discuss it in quorum. tough we need to get on that board man.

i recently donated to it...didnt get my pin !! hahhaha :laugh:

i think i'll wear my pin on my scrubs :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
ThinkFast007 said:

Looks like resident membership is $25/yr. I think your student membership will run to January of your intern year.

http://www.asahq.org/joinASA.htm

Andy15430 said:
Looks like resident membership is $25/yr. I think your student membership will run to January of your intern year.

http://www.asahq.org/joinASA.htm
where do you get the idea that it will only run until january of intern year? everything i read shows that it's for one year. meaning that if i renew now, then i'm good until April of my intern year....

You might be right...I was thinking they renew everyone at the same time because med student memberships are only $5 after June 30th each year. This makes me think that they re-up everyone in January.