Asa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militarymd

SDN Angel
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just returned from the ASA. Met up with old acquaintances, compared practices....all in all a good social experience.

Otherwise, nothing dramatic on the frontiers of anesthesiology. :(

Members don't see this ad.

militarymd said:
Just returned from the ASA. Met up with old acquaintances, compared practices....all in all a good social experience.

and there won't be if no one takes the time to advance the specialty through research.

toughlife said:
and there won't be if no one takes the time to advance the specialty through research.

Dont worry, that's my mission! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you think of the Parker TrachView thing? I was pretty impressed, but then I'm just a student. (On the other hand, I thought the other new fiberoptics there were pretty worthless).

militarymd said:

bullard said:
What did you think of the Parker TrachView thing? I was pretty impressed, but then I'm just a student. (On the other hand, I thought the other new fiberoptics there were pretty worthless).

Just another gimmick....you're talking about the blade with a scope on it ..right?

militarymd said:
Just another gimmick....you're talking about the blade with a scope on it ..right?

No. Check out www.parkermed.com.

"The Parker TrachView Intubating Videoscope is a high-quality video endoscope, comprised of a detachable, fiberoptic cable and a lightweight, portable case containing a dual light source, camera, LCD screen, and controls.

A unique feature of this scope is that it allows "hands-free video intubation." This means that neither of the intubationist's hands are required to touch or manipulate the videoscope during the process of video intubation. The intubationist is thus free to use both hands to carry out normal intubation technique, while nevertheless being able to view a high-resolution, focused, color, LCD image of the airway from the forward end of the ET tube.

Use of the TrachView Intubating Videoscope is enhanced by the use of the Parker Clip-It and Parker Slim-Style Stylet to hold the videocable at a desired depth within the endotracheal tube and to provide sufficient tube curvature to facilitate the tube's passage around virtually any curved airway path. For more information on TrachView accessories, please visit the Products section of our website."

Most importantly, IMHO, is that the thing is not prohibitively expensive. What say you?

I must have missed it, but it sounds pretty cool.

Although video technology is cool, I think most of us have to pick just one....otherwise, there would not be enough room in the anesthesia workroom.

militarymd said:
I must have missed it, but it sounds pretty cool.

Although video technology is cool, I think most of us have to pick just one....otherwise, there would not be enough room in the anesthesia workroom.

No proprietary technology is better than a skilled clinician with a Miller 2.

jetproppilot said:
No proprietary technology is better than a skilled clinician with a Miller 2.

Miller? You mean Mac, right? ;)