ASC Buy-In options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bimmer79

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After 6 years of stagnant employment, it appears that I may have an opportunity to buy-in to our newly reopened ASC. After dissolving our minority owned partnership with the local hospital, we are now partnered with SCA as majority owners and finalizing things, awaiting Medicare certifications, etc.

We have 12 orthopaedic surgeons and me, the only interventional pain doc. What is the best way to take out a loan? Bank or Healthcare lender? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

After 6 years of stagnant employment, it appears that I may have an opportunity to buy-in to our newly reopened ASC. After dissolving our minority owned partnership with the local hospital, we are now partnered with SCA as majority owners and finalizing things, awaiting Medicare certifications, etc.

We have 12 orthopaedic surgeons and me, the only interventional pain doc. What is the best way to take out a loan? Bank or Healthcare lender? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
depends, how much money are you needed to buy shares?

depends, how much money are you needed to buy shares?

The valuation process is ongoing, but hopefully I’ll know specifics this soon. Regardless, if I needed a loan, what’s the best option?

If your practice set up qualifies for one, SBA medical practice loan-approval in a week or two, funding usually between 30-60 days, they fund up to $5 mil, with up to 10 year loan period and APR can be as low as 6% depending on your qualifying factors.