ASDOH interview stats.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charwar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, take a look at last years interviews given to out of state applicants verses acceptences granted (in the official guide to dental schools most recent pg 26). ASDOH gave out 290 interviews to out of state res. and gave only 33 acceptences. If I understand this correctly, an out of state interview gives you only 1/9 chance of getting in. kind of depressing huh.

Members don't see this ad.

Their 33 acceptances for out of staters also equates to ~50% of their incoming class. They only take around 60 students to my knowledge. I know when they first opened they took just over 50.

Hey guys, take a look at last years interviews given to out of state applicants verses acceptences granted (in the official guide to dental schools most recent pg 26). ASDOH gave out 290 interviews to out of state res. and gave only 33 acceptences. If I understand this correctly, an out of state interview gives you only 1/9 chance of getting in. kind of depressing huh.
Does that take into consideration the people waiving their acceptances and going to other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, makes me wish my stuff was complete before today.

ASDOH interviewing ~290 people is roughly the total number of applications my state school receives! :laugh:

Is this for the 2006 entering class or the 2007 entering class?

The 2006 entering class was only 54 seats and the 2007 entering class was 60 seats.