ASHP Launches Pharmacy Technician Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The erosion of pharmacist jobs during a pharmacist surplus brought to you by ASHP. My favorite "Pharmacotherapy and medication history technician" this is what I did in my clinical role and pharmacy school.

Reactions: 3 users
LOL, just checked the website and the link doesn't work, of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
So... more money for them and less money for us?

Reactions: 2 users
I have a source that tells me that pharmacy technicians will be required to complete a 2 year post pharm tech school RESIDENCY. Mandatory. No exceptions.

Reactions: 1 users
I have given up all my "professional" organizations. Absolutely NONE of them cares anything about pharmacists. Not that it matters, they all get plenty of corporate donations to stay afloat.

That can't be a real thing ashp is pushing ... They actually call it pharmacotherapy tech????

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
You would be amazed at the number of clinically-oriented job titles are in use for Techs, and it's growing. I lost count at 65!

I have a source that tells me that pharmacy technicians will be required to complete a 2 year post pharm tech school RESIDENCY. Mandatory. No exceptions.
How long until these "clinical techs" claim to be superior to a BSPharm?

I have not heard that but I am aware that Cedars-Sinai offers a 50-week Pharmacy Tech Residency. To the best of my knowledge this is the only Tech Residency program in the US.

I have not heard that but I am aware that Cedars-Sinai offers a 50-week Pharmacy Tech Residency. To the best of my knowledge this is the only Tech Residency program in the US.
Was being sarcastic... just completely turned off by Ashp whose goal is to make residency a requirement for hospital rph

Who is making them? For what position?

Was being sarcastic... just completely turned off by Ashp whose goal is to make residency a requirement for hospital rph
You're not too far off tho! Given that there are less than 10K pharmacy jobs created annually and 4800+ residency positions filled, we're nearly halfway there!!

You would be amazed at the number of clinically-oriented job titles are in use for Techs, and it's growing. I lost count at 65!

Clinically oriented jobs without clinical training, knowledge or judgement per all boards of pharmacy in the US. Hmmm....

"We need to expand roles and training for pharmacists to advance the profession and reduce the effects of saturation."

"We're going to give away pharmacists roles to technicians to advance the profession.”

Great 1984 doublethink logic there.

"We need to expand roles and training for pharmacists to advance the profession and reduce the effects of saturation."

"We're going to give away pharmacists roles to technicians to advance the profession.”

Great 1984 doublethink logic there.

If we make more tech positions, then we will need more pharmacists to supervise them!

Reactions: 1 user