Asking for Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkchaos

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a Canadian citizen who is currently going to University of Toronto (St. George). This year, I applied for the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) at U of T and was rejected. My stats below are as follows:

GPA: 3.72/4.00
Average: 84.2%

PCAT:

Verbal Ability: 419 78%
Biology: 447 97%
Reading Comprehension: 408 66%
Quantitative Ability: 434 93%
Chemistry: 484 99%
Composite: 438 98%
Wiriting: 4

This greatly depressed me because I thought that I would have a sure fire chance of getting in. However, because I was rejected I am now unsure of what to do. I had a one track mind and having this suddenly blasted in front of my face completely made me lose track. The options currently swirling in my mind are
1. apply next year
2. apply next year and University of Waterloo
3. become a pharmacy assistant and work while trying to apply
4. apply to American pharmacy schools
5. apply to university of buffalo PharmD

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Late reply, but....next year, apply to UofT again, get pharmacy experience (it appears Waterloo heavily favours applicants with pharmacy experience), apply to Waterloo, and check if you meet the requirements to apply to any other Canadian schools as well.

I wouldn't go the US route unless you intend to practice in the US...it's expensive and you will have a bigger hassle getting licensed in Canada.