asking for advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgery4lifee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of this forum and of sdn in general and I appreciate every input from everyone one which added a lot to my shallow info regarding this whole crazy match process.

To make it short, I'm a US citizen- FMG with 5 years training experience in an international General surgery training program applied this year to redo my training in general surgery and fortunately (as an FMG) I got five interviews one of which in a decent university based program which really serve my purposes and already ranked this program as my #1. I informed the PD and PC about this decision and I'm looking for a way to keep in touch with the PD and PC. I already took my 2nd look there and I received good feedback while I was there ( which I know that it could mean nothing). I'm thinking of calling the PC to ask her for advice on what else I can do to increase my chances to be ranked high, so would that be a good/lame idea? Or any other thoughts?

Thanx in advance

Members don't see this ad.

you've done all you could. definitely don't ask the PC for advice. it will look extremely desperate.