Asking for interview b/c you are in the area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddmo

BMF
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know there have been some posts where people mentioned contacting one school about an interview because they would be in the area due to other interviews. My question is, have any of you tried this and how did you do it, letter, email, call? Also, any other suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you could find better threads on this elsewhere, but basically just tell the other schools in the area (personally, i would use email) and that it would be convenient to schedule an interview during this time, if the adcom wanted to request one...

Sorry, I'm not helping much with the wording. Don't stress about it at all, it's totally normal.

I've actually tried this and it hasn't really worked out at all. I'm going to visit every city at least two times (flying across the country). I sent emails to all of my schools in the area- if you call they tell you to send an email with the dates you will be in the area. I was able to group 3 philly schools, but then ended up going back to Philly six weeks later. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks.
The reason I want to give it a try is that I have already made two separate trips down to DC. I got back from GW and the next day got my invite at Gtown, but thats the way things go. Now I have two schools left on the east coast and I just got the invite from one of them. At this point if the other school does not also give me a date I would probably just withdraw my app since I don't want to spend the time or money making two trips. I suppose I'll try emailing them. Wish me luck.

I called BU asking for an interview when I knew I was going to be in Boston for another interview. The secretary told me that I should e-mail/mail a letter to the adcom asking for an interview, and a couple days after I e-mailed the adcom, I got an interview. I think it depends on the school, but it can't hurt to try.

I'm about to make my third trip to Philly. I contacted the adcom of each school but they kept telling me that my application was being evaluated.

I have had similar experiences to what has been posted on this thread. I am interviewing this week at NYU, so I called Einstein to tell them I'd be in the city........despite my polite phonecall, the lady acted like I was totally wasting her time. I was told that there had been no decision on my app as of yet, and that they'd put a note on my app.

I think that you might be better off by writing an email, and also by not expected much interms of expediting any processes.