You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Asking out an attending as a med student?
Started by Poit
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dear God, no. Boundaries.
You might be the same age, and there might even be mutual attraction, but there’s a 0.01% chance this ends well for either of you.
You might be the same age, and there might even be mutual attraction, but there’s a 0.01% chance this ends well for either of you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Love is love, it's 2017 man. Help lead the way into this new progressive era where even in regards to hospital hierarchy, Love knows no boundaries.
Shooters gotta shoot, so take your shot. Remember as the great Michael Jordan said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Make your move..... but don't forget to report back to us and lets us know if you got a date or your career is over
Shooters gotta shoot, so take your shot. Remember as the great Michael Jordan said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Make your move..... but don't forget to report back to us and lets us know if you got a date or your career is over
No. Nice try. But no.
Back in the day it was almost expected that certain attendings would be sniping nursing and med students. We're in an era that is kind of the exception where everyone fears sexual harassment like crazy. I'd say half of my older attendings over the years have been married to someone that they'd worked with as a subordinate back in the day. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, just that historically we're kind of in the odd spot.Love is love, it's 2017 man. Help lead the way into this new progressive era where even in regards to hospital hierarchy, Love knows no boundaries.
Shooters gotta shoot, so take your shot. Remember as the great Michael Jordan said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Make your move..... but don't forget to report back to us and lets us know if you got a date or your career is over
But even in that context, a medical student going after an attending? That's bold.
Ballsy, but overall high chance of backfiring on you. Wait til you're no longer a student.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Please do and report back.
eh, you'd need to be sure to try this long after they've graded you, and be sure you won't have any more professional dealings with them OR their department
could still end badly
and both of you are aware you will likely be moving at the end of med school for residency
could still end badly
and both of you are aware you will likely be moving at the end of med school for residency
10/10 bait
You will go far
You will go far
Is this like the Grey's Anatomy prequel pitch?
Just send it bro
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hierarchy while stupid is in place for a reason. You should wait till you aren't a student or be ready to change careers if it doesn't work out.
Pics or it didn’t happen
If the attending is no longer going to be involved in your education or evaluate you, than I don't see why it is a problem. Certainly, it isn't anything you could get in real trouble from. Worst case scenario you get an email from the school about professionalism from the dean of professionalism and he is probably tapping his secretary over lunch and after work while telling his wife he needs to finish some stuff.
YOLO
That long white coat and stethoscope around her neck gets me everytime. We are close to the same age and I think she digs me. Is there anyway I could pull this off
Hell yeah bro, you got this.
or would I get in trouble?
Nah.
Last edited:
This is very common based on the soap operas Ive seen on xvideos.
Nothing can go wrong here
Nothing can go wrong here
I live by the words "don't **** where you eat".
I recommend you do the same or at least wait until you're a student no longer.
I recommend you do the same or at least wait until you're a student no longer.
On a slightly related note an EM attending I worked with during residency just got engaged to a med student.
The story goes that he was doing and EM rotation as an MS3 and she was one of the supervising doctors. He apparently asked her out on the last day of the rotation.
She said yes and they ended up getting together that night. When he matched in a different city she ended up moving with him for residency.
The story goes that he was doing and EM rotation as an MS3 and she was one of the supervising doctors. He apparently asked her out on the last day of the rotation.
She said yes and they ended up getting together that night. When he matched in a different city she ended up moving with him for residency.
6
68PGunner
On a slightly related note an EM attending I worked with during residency just got engaged to a med student.
The story goes that he was doing and EM rotation as an MS3 and she was one of the supervising doctors. He apparently asked her out on the last day of the rotation.
She said yes and they ended up getting together that night. When he matched in a different city she ended up moving with him for residency.
Stud right there. Match EM and snag a Sugar Mamma at the same time.
Stud right there. Match EM and snag a Sugar Mamma at the same time.
I would hold off on the accolades until I hear about what the age gap was. Everybody better be trying to date up, but if you're a dude and you're dating up in age you're doing it wrong.
Asked out my psych attending after my rotation was done and evals submitted. She’s 34 and I’m 42. She said no and I moved on. 🙂
Like a boss.Asked out my psych attending after my rotation was done and evals submitted. She’s 34 and I’m 42. She said no and I moved on. 🙂
Asked out my psych attending after my rotation was done and evals submitted. She’s 34 and I’m 42. She said no and I moved on. 🙂
She lost out cause you're a hottie
Dear God, no. Boundaries.
You might be the same age, and there might even be mutual attraction, but there’s a 0.01% chance this ends well for either of you.
I know of it going well for two different couples. Met as MS3 and attendings. One of the MS3s was male, the other was female. So no, I'd give the odds better than a 1 in 10,000 chance. I can't recall of any examples that I know of personally where it didn't go well since I don't know of any besides those two. So, from where I sit there is a 100% chance of it ending with wedding bells.
I am of course not being serious, at least not entirely. Clearly, relationships with ANYONE at work are potential landmines. But, then again, so are most relationships period.
I can see why someone would want to date people they work with. I mean, most of us spend so much time at work and we see the very same people over and over again. And unless you're super outgoing or have a large friend pool and tinder often, the people that you tend to meet are the ones you work with.
I don't see it often at my hospital between M3 and attendings. But almost every nurse I've worked with here have dated a student or resident/fellow/attending.
I don't see it often at my hospital between M3 and attendings. But almost every nurse I've worked with here have dated a student or resident/fellow/attending.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She lost out cause you're a hottie![]()
Ha! (blushing)
Ha! (blushing)
I've seen your videos. The proof is there 😛
I'm at a different time zone. Maybe by luck, I'll run into you during my anesthesia sub-I 😍
Don't be surprised if a mix Asian girl with hazel eyes approach you
Love is love, it's 2017 man. Help lead the way into this new progressive era where even in regards to hospital hierarchy, Love knows no boundaries.
Shooters gotta shoot, so take your shot. Remember as the great Michael Jordan said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Make your move..... but don't forget to report back to us and lets us know if you got a date or your career is over
Love, love love...love, love, love...All you need is love...
So your saying there's a chance. -Lloyd ChristmasDear God, no. Boundaries.
You might be the same age, and there might even be mutual attraction, but there’s a 0.01% chance this ends well for either of you.
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
There it is, I was waiting for the TRP mindset to find its way into this thread.I would hold off on the accolades until I hear about what the age gap was. Everybody better be trying to date up, but if you're a dude and you're dating up in age you're doing it wrong.
I would hold off on the accolades until I hear about what the age gap was. Everybody better be trying to date up, but if you're a dude and you're dating up in age you're doing it wrong.
JFC ****ing 12 year olds ITT
I live by the words "don't **** where you eat".
You just gotta bleach the **** out of those dishes...
You just gotta bleach the **** out of those dishes...
People like you and the guy reminding me in anatomy lab that hotdogs are intestines while we are removing fat off the colon are the reasons I lost 10 lbs since I started med school
😛
A
AnatomyGrey12
This is very common based on the soap operas Ive seen on xvideos.
Nothing can go wrong here
🤣This is your best post on SDN
People like you and the guy reminding me in anatomy lab that hotdogs are intestines while we are removing fat off the colon are the reasons I lost 10 lbs since I started med school
😛
The gallbladder used to remind me of green tea ice cream.
So what do I do after the morning dissection is done? Go to the nearby sushi place and grab some green tea ice cream.
Pre-med chicks sleep with attendings all the time. Shoot your shot.
Pre-med chicks sleep with attendings all the time. Shoot your shot.
I highly doubt that this is as common as people say it is.
7
787593
Age is just a numberI would hold off on the accolades until I hear about what the age gap was. Everybody better be trying to date up, but if you're a dude and you're dating up in age you're doing it wrong.
7
787593
my advice would be to:That long white coat and stethoscope around her neck gets me everytime. We are close to the same age and I think she digs me. Is there anyway I could pull this off or would I get in trouble?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K
N
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 713
N
