1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

ASPID USC Class of 2011

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by TuffyDDS, Dec 23, 2008.

1. TuffyDDS

2+ Year Member

Hello,
    Let's start a thread for all the International Dentists accepted at USC this year. Please post here so that we can get to know each other.
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trojans Fan

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi Tuffy DDS , I am an ASPID 2011

I got accepted from the alternate list on December 10th

":banana:"

4. Trojans Fan

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hey Tuffy DDS, could you please help me understand the medical examinations procedures?

5. TuffyDDS

2+ Year Member

hi Torjans fan.. welcome to the thread ... no tmuch activity here though :rolleyes:,, what do you want to know about health forms?.. sorry havent been active much lately.. but you can ask now.. not that i know a lot.. but still can suggest :):D..
    anyways.. should we make a yahoo group for the class you think.. :confused: but dont see many ppl here .. again.. if anybody got accepted at USC please join this thread..:thumbup:

6. incision

2+ Year Member

Dentist
    see u guys in April.

7. Kawi

Dentist
    USC it is, ready for April...see you there

8. gudluk

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if anyone dropped out from USC plz post here ..it will really help people who r waiting....

9. Trojans Fan

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hey guys, could anybody tell me what am i supposed to be doing now? the I 20 is still being issued for me and i am working on my medical records finishing. I am planning to go LA on March 25 th do u think this is late?

10. TuffyDDS

2+ Year Member

Hello, I think march 25th is pretty safe..(I am guessing are going to do appartment hunting in that time frame).. as i am going there in mid april :eek:.. u might think that is late :) .. other thing if you have not forgotten todo is collect teeth.. by the way where are you going to stay? close to the campus or somewhere in residential areas? i am trying to find something close by.. gud luck :luck:

11. Trojans Fan

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I am willing to search for somewhere as close as possible to the campus but I dont know if I can find something when I go, or am i supposed to start searching now online?
    other thing if you could please help me with, I don't understand what am I supposed to do regarding the health insurance??????? please help me understand

12. TuffyDDS

2+ Year Member

hi, i will try to suggest to according to my best knowledge :):D for searching, i guess, you can look on craiglist, rent.com, or call local agents.. I have done none of these though .. hehe.. i have applied for usc housing though.. and yea.. did you get the pdf from ashlee.. housing help.. it lists all the appartments nearby.. very good source... if you dont have let me know.. will help u with that.. health insurance, I am pretty sure we are covered through the school itself, i will look aound abt this, you can email ashlee and she will gladly help enlighten u abt this :) and plz let me know too.. cz i was assuming we are covered through the school .. aite then take care.. see u this summer..:luck:

13. perio

2+ Year Member

hi guys.. pls can u tell me what are the timings for the oerientation, also have u all registered for classes? what all do we need to do before orientation? also which teeth do we need to collect? all or posteriors? is there a deadline for that? i am so confused pls help!

14. IMPACT

2+ Year Member

Dentist
    Congrats to all of you guys!
    Would anyone be kind enough to post your interview experiences please. There has been a lot of speculation whether its going to be just restorative/prosthodontic exercise (eg, PFM, 3/4 CROWN, Class II ) or dental anatomy wax block carving and RPD design on cast +/- use of surveyor.
    Also since the PBL interview pattern is pretty unique, its quite confusing all-in-all.
    Thanks for your time and input.

15. pnr

pnr

Dental Student
    hey guys .
    i got my acceptance at usc for this year. c u all in april

16. mpc10

Dental Student
    Hey everyone, congrats to those who are accepted from the alternate list. I am still on it, do you think I still have a chance? How do the school contact you?via e-mail or via regular mail? shoould I call them?
    Thnkx

17. mpc10

Dental Student