Assigning new letters to programs applied to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eduardo Glz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once you apply to a program through ERAS, can you upload a LOR latter on when you get it ?
If you can, how is this done ?
Do programs notice this update ?

Members don't see this ad.

Once you apply to a program through ERAS, can you upload a LOR latter on when you get it ?
If you can, how is this done ?
Do programs notice this update ?
Sure via myeras

Here's a real answer:

You can submit LORs to programs after you've submitted your application, up to a total of four. Just assure that your school has uploaded your new LOR to the ERAS post office, then go to the programs tab within ERAS and assign the new LOR to the programs you want to have it. The programs will download your LOR within the next few days, as they routinely update their files.

Here's a real answer:

You can submit LORs to programs after you've submitted your application, up to a total of four. Just assure that your school has uploaded your new LOR to the ERAS post office, then go to the programs tab within ERAS and assign the new LOR to the programs you want to have it. The programs will download your LOR within the next few days, as they routinely update their files.

Why do you have to wait until your school has uploaded the letter before you assign it?

I was wrong on the postoffice upload. however, it will obviously need to be uploaded before programs get it. but you can still designate which programs you want to have it beforehand (this is where i was wrong). then progs will seamlessly get it after it's been uploaded to the postoffice. sorry for the misinformation.

I was wrong on the postoffice upload. however, it will obviously need to be uploaded before programs get it. but you can still designate which programs you want to have it beforehand (this is where i was wrong). then progs will seamlessly get it after it's been uploaded to the postoffice. sorry for the misinformation.

You should get the details right before you answer students questions with any details -- especially when you scold your fellow student for providing succinct responses. Shame on you!

You should get the details right before you answer students questions with any details -- especially when you scold your fellow student for providing succinct responses. Shame on you!

we do not like each other, that's for sure. here's the problem though, your succinct answer was a snide and gratuitous response, offering no real help at all. Meanwhile, my answer, though incorrect on a small (and harmless) point actually addressed the OPs question. Perhaps the shame should be redirected here?