Assigning Documents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnxietyMonster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that a photo had to be "assigned" to each program. I didn't do this until after I had already applied to all the programs, which I did today. Will they still see everything together since I assigned it afterwards? I don't want to be delayed if things come in multiples, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

It will all be together, no one will know. Many programs screen photos while deciding whom to invite anyway, to avoid bias.
Thank you, I appreciate this info! I also considered the photo thing to be strange as well, so I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It will all be together, no one will know. Many programs screen photos while deciding whom to invite anyway, to avoid bias.
It's been a very long while since this was ever on my radar (since it was after I applied for residency), but, I thought I recalled that a program didn't get to see your picture until they offered an interview. Are you saying that programs can look at the pic before offering an interview?

That was a long time ago. In the distant past, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, ERAS was a local application that "downloaded" application information to a single computer. That app would hide the photo until after someone checked the "Invite for interview" button.

Now, it's a web based app that lots of people from a program can access. And the photo is either screened or not, and programs can choose when to unscreen them. Unscreening them alerts the GME office, so programs can be audited if needed.

Reactions: 1 user