Associate professor?

Started by kurite
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kurite

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently filling out my letters of recommendation for my primary application. The woman I work for at the university is an associate professor. What should I use as the prefix? The only option that I could see fitting is simply Ms. or just Prof.
Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a physics professor who was in the process of getting his PhD... I would have listed him as professor had I needed to reference him on AMCAS at the time (he has since finished his PhD)
 
Would it be better to us Dr. instead of Professor if he/she has a PhD?

"Professor [last name] is never incorrect if the person is a faculty member. Dr. can work but it requires more work; what about the Sc.D, DrPH, D.Div., LCSW, it requires a lot more digging to figure out if the person has a degree that requires the title "doctor".