Assuage a perpetually anxious future postbacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emh_omega-323

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'll be sending in my applications in a couple of weeks, and I'm pretty anxious about my chances and if I'm applying widely enough to be confident I'll get in somewhere (I'm assuming I'm not alone in this feeling). I've been hunting the forums here for some stats, but I'd love the perspectives of some folks who've already been through the process on their acceptances and an opinion on if I need to expand the list of schools I'm applying to. I'm a total career changer looking exclusively at one year programs, ideally on the west coast but that's less important than having a supportive program that will give me the best shot at med school. Knowing what type of environment I thrive in, I'm trying to avoid intense competition among students in programs with high dropout rates.

I'm applying to...
Scripps
Bryn Mawr
Goucher
UVA
CU Boulder (a little uncertain here, I adore Boulder as a town, but I'm having a hard time gauging the program experience)

Stats:
Undergrad--UCLA, Anthropology and Public Policy, 3.86
Masters--American University School of International Service, International Relations with Environmental Health focus, 3.9
sGPA--very few courses included but 4.0
GRE--Verbal 170, Quant 159
My career path is a bit unusual--I'm 30 and have been a tour/wilderness guide, humanitarian aid worker, and human rights advocate. I'm trying to get a clinical job right now but I'll have max 1 month experience by the time I apply. I should have very strong recommendations from professors who know a lot about my health interest and I tend to interview well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Bump, and feel free to PM me for stats, thoughts, though they may be similar to things I've said in other threads. Best of luck, and I hope others weigh in here with helpful information.