Assuming ETSU gets certified next fall, would attending such a new program limit ...

Started by medder
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medder

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
career options and self-marketability? I would like to attend ETSU, but I don't want it to hold me back from competitive positions in retail. Would an employer look at a degree from such a newly accreditted school as a negative, or are they simply focused on grades and test scores? Thanks
 
medder said:
career options and self-marketability? I would like to attend ETSU, but I don't want it to hold me back from competitive positions in retail. Would an employer look at a degree from such a newly accreditted school as a negative, or are they simply focused on grades and test scores? Thanks
which school is this ,what is the full name
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medder said:
career options and self-marketability? I would like to attend ETSU, but I don't want it to hold me back from competitive positions in retail. Would an employer look at a degree from such a newly accreditted school as a negative, or are they simply focused on grades and test scores? Thanks
I think as long as you have your license, and ETSU becomes accredited with the graduation of its first class, you should be fine. They seem to have their stuff together, I think they should have no problem with accredidation. They have all the resources (classrooms, labs, faculty, dean, practice sites) already set up. I think they are just working on curriculum now. It should be a good program. 👍

But there is always the risk you take with a new school.... It has to get accredited with the first graduating class. You're putting your faith into ETSU that they will manage this. I have two degrees from ETSU, I know Dr. Stanton... I think they will do whatever it takes. They'll have a good program.
 
I feel the same way, DHG. Heck, I better because I'm interviewing there in August! 🙂
 
Swenis said:
I feel the same way, DHG. Heck, I better because I'm interviewing there in August! 🙂


Good luck!

If you have any questions about the area, feel free to PM.