Assuming ETSU gets certified next fall, would attending such a new program limit ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
career options and self-marketability? I would like to attend ETSU, but I don't want it to hold me back from competitive positions in retail. Would an employer look at a degree from such a newly accreditted school as a negative, or are they simply focused on grades and test scores? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

medder said:
career options and self-marketability? I would like to attend ETSU, but I don't want it to hold me back from competitive positions in retail. Would an employer look at a degree from such a newly accreditted school as a negative, or are they simply focused on grades and test scores? Thanks
which school is this ,what is the full name

Members don't see this ad :)
annette22 said:
which school is this ,what is the full name

East Tennessee State University

medder said:
I think as long as you have your license, and ETSU becomes accredited with the graduation of its first class, you should be fine. They seem to have their stuff together, I think they should have no problem with accredidation. They have all the resources (classrooms, labs, faculty, dean, practice sites) already set up. I think they are just working on curriculum now. It should be a good program. :thumbup:

But there is always the risk you take with a new school.... It has to get accredited with the first graduating class. You're putting your faith into ETSU that they will manage this. I have two degrees from ETSU, I know Dr. Stanton... I think they will do whatever it takes. They'll have a good program.

I feel the same way, DHG. Heck, I better because I'm interviewing there in August! :)

Swenis said:
I feel the same way, DHG. Heck, I better because I'm interviewing there in August! :)

Good luck!

If you have any questions about the area, feel free to PM.