ASTRO Slate announced

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Academic types and a doc who works for a proton group to interface with the government.

Great.

Kachnic as education chair! Lmao! Can’t make this stuff up folks.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a write-in option?
Other than Paul Wallner, I can't think of anyone less suitable to be in charge of education.

Paging @Dan Spratt : if you need another reason for your fancy chair presentation about why med students aren't choosing rad onc, how about telling future RO trainees that the lady who failed 40% of them is now in charge of education for ASTRO.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
When lisa ain’t busy expanding her hellpit program and sending her PD to shill, her and PW are busy failing the residents and telling them they dumb af. Now she “leads” education. What could go wrong!? You stay woke folks!

she has an 'only I can fix' plan with the education. She is smart.

she fails half of them, then takes over fixing it!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Seems like such an obvious conflict of interest (assuming Kachnic is still on the ABR board), that it wouldn't be allowed except by a bunch of really dumb people.

For instance: I'm old enough to remember the ABR requiring lots of SA-Continuing Medical EDUCATIONs (CME) and having to pay ASTRO LOT'S of money to obtain such EDUCATION.

• Angry
the ****birds they've been letting in for the last 8 years need someone to tell them how stupid they really are.
Whew! I just made it. I matched in 2013... so that means I am not a ****bird, right? lol

All joking aside, I've got some great residents now, and (believe it or not), I am very happy with those we just matched. Wish there were someone better than Kachnik in charge of education for them.

Reactions: 2 users
Whew! I just made it. I matched in 2013... so that means I am not a ****bird, right? lol

All joking aside, I've got some great residents now, and (believe it or not), I am very happy with those we just matched. Wish there were someone better than Kachnik in charge of education for them.
I matched in last 8 years fwiw. I did pass the **** out of all my boards though. Basically, I did to the boards what Trump did to the cognitive test.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I’d write a letter, but it would go straight into the trash

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like such an obvious conflict of interest (assuming Kachnic is still on the ABR board), that it wouldn't be allowed except by a bunch of really dumb people.

For instance: I'm old enough to remember the ABR requiring lots of SA-Continuing Medical EDUCATIONs (CME) and having to pay ASTRO LOT'S of money to obtain such EDUCATION.
The ABR engaged in questionable activity? Say it ain't so!

Oh wait:

1651692658865.png

Yadda yadda -

1651692720364.png

I will say, the quality of illegal/anti-competitive acts engaged in by the ABR, ASTRO, and relevant leadership has been drifting downward...[citation: Wikipedia].

• Haha
This is honestly just another reason to go join ACRO if LK is going to be given additional a position in education. Like how ****ing tone deaf. It could literally be anybody else (well besides PW) and I'd balk less.

This is honestly just another reason to go join ACRO if LK is going to be given additional a position in education. Like how ****ing tone deaf. It could literally be anybody else (well besides PW) and I'd balk less.
Was this an election among ASTRO members or some committee?

the ****birds they've been letting in for the last 8 years need someone to tell them how stupid they really are.

this sounds like Lisa Kachnic lol. you agree with her that people failed boards because were dumb?

Kachnic as education chair?!? Astro already has issues with creditability with the younger membership and the non academic rad onc members. Great way for the Nominating Committee/Board to really give recent grads/residents a big middle finger for no apparent reason. What a total joke. Can't believe I'm a paying member that clown show.

Reactions: 1 users
What a fkn joke. Like someone else said, the only person worse than LK for education chair would be PW. But also, she could have been elected to any other position, besides president, and it would have been substantially less infuriating. Her as education chair is the ultimate irony.

I've tried giving ASTRO the benefit of the doubt in so many instances, but this is blatantly tone deaf. I'm done with ASTRO.

It is a sick joke. and not the good kind!

I have been an ASTRO supporter for years and will remain an ASTRO member for a few reasons. I do not want to leave a cent for my chairman who looks like they are about to burst out of their shirt. Trust me this person does not need more money to eat and drink more.
I take a lot of satisfaction of spending every cent. Unfurtunately, it is our specialty’s society so I have to play the game and remain involved.
Im also a member of other organizations including ACRO for many years. Others i won’t mention to protect anonymity.

However, i can’t excuse this. Truly a sick joke! May as well make PW ASTRO president too while you are at it! Very disappointed with ASTRO on this….

answering that question might make it easier to identify. I could say very fat, which is basically our chairman average. Jacked? Not too many but could be! Dadbod is a good in between but nobody knows for certain!

Lisa probably wants to protect her hellpit so that it can continue to bescumber our field.

• Love
Bescumber was not on the list of 500 words I memorized for sat
LOL, it's such an awesome word. Don't know how many stories I have of friends literally ****ting the bed. None recent, fwiw. In any case, now I feel like I can tell those stories over afternoon tea with this word in my pocket.

• Haha
Don't know how many stories I have of friends literally ****ting the bed. None recent, fwiw.
Bescumbering beds usually a before 25/after 65 type phenomenon. Of course, celebrities are a little different.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users