Astute Student Loans

Started by imable24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

imable24

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard of them? Has anyone used them before? I got an email about this via fastweb. Since this forum moves so slowly, I decided I might as well post a new thread and get some ideas,j/k.
 
Has anyone heard of them? Has anyone used them before? I got an email about this via fastweb. Since this forum moves so slowly, I decided I might as well post a new thread and get some ideas,j/k.

This seems to have more expensive rates than stafford and plus loans. It also has a 4.5% origination fee from the example I saw. Perhaps its a good loan after stafford and plus are maxed out, but I don't have the background to verify that info.
 
It's a private loan, that's why the rates are higher. Definitely max your federal loans out first then try to get your parents to take out PLUS loans if you need more money before you go private. 8.5% on PLUS loans is better than 10+% private, plus you get federal benefits.